HELP! i got L134 leopard frog plecos but hard water

SanDiegoRedneck

Anyone with experience with leopard frog plecos? Or more pleco knowledge than myself. Or just thoughts in general. Haha

Ok everyone I think I made a small boo boo and got 4 fish (spent too much $$ on fish excited one night. Lol) that may not be perfectly suitable for my water conditions.

I currently have 16 BN plecos but first plecos that are not BN.

I purchased 4 L134 leopard frog plecos that were shipped yesterday and will be at my house tomorrow or Thursday.

Side note there beautiful. And I will post when here.

EVERY POST agrees that they are forgiving to water parameters to a point but HATE water fluctuations so I dont want to mess to much with. I can cut 50/50 with distilled water if I need and that should stay stable if I always use 50/50.

So from what I have read they prefer
6 to 7.5 ph
75 to 85 degrees
10ish gh
And doesnt usually say but the few that do say 100 to 300ppm

My water from tap
7.8 to 8ph ( too high?)
I can easily get 78 degrees
12 gh I think ok
440 ppm (ugh too high?)

AggressiveAquatics

I’m really not sure because I’ve never dealt with them and don’t know how sensitive they are but one thing I’ve learned from fish keeping is stable water parameters are better than perfect ones (not including ammonia and nitrites if they are high)

SanDiegoRedneck

AggressiveAquatics said:
I’m really not sure because I’ve never dealt with them and don’t know how sensitive they are but one thing I’ve learned from fish keeping is stable water parameters are better than perfect ones (not including ammonia and nitrites if they are high)
Tanks are long cycled
Ammonia 0
Nitrite 0
Nitrate under 20

I was thinking the same thing. If I slowly acclimate to my water then keep super stable that may be best. Rather than try to adjust anything.

NoahLikesFish

Don’t worry, hard water fluctuates less

SanDiegoRedneck

NoahLikesFish said:
Don’t worry, hard water fluctuates less
I understand that and my water stays very stable.... but is my water too hard for the species l134 pleco is question.

NoahLikesFish

What’s the ppm, most soft water fish can adapt to hard water some fish such as Odessa barbs are known to like hard water but, they can live in hard water streams with ph of 11 or more

SanDiegoRedneck

NoahLikesFish said:
What’s the ppm, most soft water fish can adapt to hard water some fish such as Odessa barbs are known to like hard water but, they can live in hard water streams with ph of 11 or more
All parameters in original post

Most photos, videos and links are disabled if you are not logged in.

Top Bottom