Help I Fed Uncooked Peas!!!

Alaina Leigh

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
How bad is this? I usually buy frozen cooked peas that usually need only thawing. This time, I didn't, and I defrosted then in the refrigerator and just fed them to my fish. I noticed something was amiss because they couldn't swallow the pieces right away and were having trouble eating them. I went and looked at the bag....uncooked.

I have four older telescopes and two baby pearlscales. I'm guessing the telescopes will be okay, but what about the pearlscales? They are so sensitive.

PS- just to beat you to to the punch, these fish are not in the same tanks and I don't have an overstocking problem.

Hubble Tea

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
i am pretty sure ive fed uncooked peas before. Did you deshell them?

Alaina Leigh

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
I did. And right after I panicked I saw one of my pearlscales devour a baby snail....so, if that doesn't reap havoc on his intestines, I don't think peas will

Hubble Tea

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
I think your fish will be fine then :V I also feed my goldfish bladder snails all the time haha. *crunch*

maggie thecat

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Any vegetable that has been frozen has been blanched first (cooked briefly in scalding wayer to stop enzymatic deterioration.) Your fish will be fine.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Aquarium Photo Contests

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom