Help I Fed Uncooked Peas!!!

Discussion in 'Freshwater Beginners' started by Alaina Leigh, Apr 23, 2018.

1. Alaina LeighValued MemberMember

How bad is this? I usually buy frozen cooked peas that usually need only thawing. This time, I didn't, and I defrosted then in the refrigerator and just fed them to my fish. I noticed something was amiss because they couldn't swallow the pieces right away and were having trouble eating them. I went and looked at the bag....uncooked.

I have four older telescopes and two baby pearlscales. I'm guessing the telescopes will be okay, but what about the pearlscales? They are so sensitive.

PS- just to beat you to to the punch, these fish are not in the same tanks and I don't have an overstocking problem.

2. Hubble TeaValued MemberMember

i am pretty sure ive fed uncooked peas before. Did you deshell them?

3. Alaina LeighValued MemberMember

I did. And right after I panicked I saw one of my pearlscales devour a baby snail....so, if that doesn't reap havoc on his intestines, I don't think peas will

4. Hubble TeaValued MemberMember

I think your fish will be fine then :V I also feed my goldfish bladder snails all the time haha. *crunch*

5. maggie thecatWell Known MemberMember

Any vegetable that has been frozen has been blanched first (cooked briefly in scalding wayer to stop enzymatic deterioration.) Your fish will be fine.