Help I Fed Uncooked Peas!!!

Discussion in 'Freshwater Beginners' started by Alaina Leigh, Apr 23, 2018.

1. Alaina Leigh

Alaina LeighValued MemberMember

How bad is this? I usually buy frozen cooked peas that usually need only thawing. This time, I didn't, and I defrosted then in the refrigerator and just fed them to my fish. I noticed something was amiss because they couldn't swallow the pieces right away and were having trouble eating them. I went and looked at the bag....uncooked.

I have four older telescopes and two baby pearlscales. I'm guessing the telescopes will be okay, but what about the pearlscales? They are so sensitive.

PS- just to beat you to to the punch, these fish are not in the same tanks and I don't have an overstocking problem.

2. Hubble Tea

Hubble TeaValued MemberMember

i am pretty sure ive fed uncooked peas before. Did you deshell them?

3. OP
    OP
    Alaina Leigh

Alaina LeighValued MemberMember

I did. And right after I panicked I saw one of my pearlscales devour a baby snail....so, if that doesn't reap havoc on his intestines, I don't think peas will

4. Hubble Tea

Hubble TeaValued MemberMember

I think your fish will be fine then :V I also feed my goldfish bladder snails all the time haha. *crunch*

5. maggie thecat

maggie thecatWell Known MemberMember

Any vegetable that has been frozen has been blanched first (cooked briefly in scalding wayer to stop enzymatic deterioration.) Your fish will be fine.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice