Help! I Bought A New Pleco And Brought Home A Tiny Tagalong...

Bonochick

Well Known Member
Reaction score
I went to the lfs to get a new pleco today. When I got home, I put the bag in the aquarium and discovered there was another creature in the bag. He's so tiny!!! I was concerned, so I called the lfs. He said that there had been a bunch of baby guppies in the tank, so that was probably what it was.

I feel so bad! I don't know what to do with him! Does anybody have any advice? :'( I tried to get some pictures and video, but this is the best I could do:

64.jpg

COBettaCouple

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
You could either set up a small tank for him to grow up in with a sponge filter, heater and little airstone or try one of those breeder boxes made of netting in the tank and feed the fry powdered flakes or hikari first bites or liquifry 2x a day. Some grass and/or plants, places to hide like a little cave, etc can be added later. No need to have any gravel if you put him in a little tank since it's easier to clean up the tank without it.

Bonochick

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Thanks for replying. I had gotten a little tank set up for him, but he died. :'( I had named him Quincy, I guess I hadn't really expcted for him to make it, but I was hoping.

COBettaCouple

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Bonochick said:
Thanks for replying. I had gotten a little tank set up for him, but he died. :'( I had named him Quincy, I guess I hadn't really expcted for him to make it, but I was hoping.
That's too bad.. i guess all the stress and moving was too much for a little guppy fry or he was just one of the fry that don't make it. It was nice of you to set up a tank for him. I'm sorry he didn't make it.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom