HELP! - HOW TO POST PHOTOS & RESIZE PHOTOS

Tom

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I can't upload my pics of my fish/tanks because the file is too big. Please help asap.
Tom

Mike

Fishlore
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Re: HELP! - HOW TO POST PHOTOS

Hi tomh - there is a file size limitation on the forum. You could upload to the picture gallery (free for fishlore members) where the file size limitation is much larger per file and then post a link on the forum to your gallery.

OR

To make images smaller using Paint.Net:
1. Open the picture in Paint.Net
2. On the menu, go to Image > Resize
3. In the pixels area, change it to be anything less than 800 pixels wide. Most digital cameras take monstrously large photos and resizing the image will decrease the file size significantly. Anything over 800 pixels will create the horizontal scroll bar to appear when you post the image. It may even be less than that to cause the scroll bar - trying for around 400 - 500 pixels would prolly be better.
4. Click File > Save As and then click the save button which will load the window asking you what quality to save it at. It has a slider bar that shows you a preview of the image at various quality/file size levels.

Cool program 8)

I'm going to make this a sticky topic on the photos board too.

Mike

Tom

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years

Thanks Mike.
Tom

les

Valued Member
Reaction score

Microsoft Powertoys for Windows XP

PowerToys add fun and functionality to the Windows experience. What are they? PowerToys are additional programs that developers work on after a product has been released.

Note: We take great care to ensure that PowerToys work as they should, but they are not part of Windows and are not supported by Microsoft. For this reason, Microsoft Technical Support is unable to answer questions about PowerToys. PowerToys are for Windows XP only and will not work with Windows Vista.

Image Resizer

This PowerToy enables you to resize one or many image files with a right-click.

This is what I use and it is a lot quicker than any other program I have ever used !

Les

Mike

Fishlore
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years

thanks for the info les.

Mike

whetto

Valued Member
Reaction score

ok, now how do you get the pictures to show up in your message? cause i cant seem to get that to work...

JasmynJade

Valued Member
Reaction score

whetto said:
ok, now how do you get the pictures to show up in your message? cause i cant seem to get that to work...
Whetto...I see you didn't get an answer, I would like to know myself...anybody out there?????

COBettaCouple

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
Just started

whetto said:
do you mean you want a picture in the post with text after it instead of typing the post and then attaching the photo with the attach option under "additional options"?

JasmynJade

Valued Member
Reaction score

FLBettaCouple said:
whetto said:
do you mean you want a picture in the post with text after it instead of typing the post and then attaching the photo with the attach option under "additional options"?
Yes....like everyone has below their username!

COBettaCouple

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
Just started

oh.. you want to change your user photo.. ok, at the top of the page, click the "Profile" button. Then on the left, click on 'Forum Profile Information'. Then you can pick one of the images already in fishlore's premade library, point to a picture that you uploaded or upload a picture from your computer. When you're done, click 'Change Profile' at the bottom of the page and you're set.

rodeoratdogs

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I'm having the opposite problem, I'm posting on here fine but I tryed to start album on the gallery and it says error 1.

sentiax

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Since this is a sticky, I'll say that imgur.com has huge file upload limits, is free and easy (drag and drop) to use, and has amazing servers so you never have to worry about your photos disappearing, in addition you don't have to have fishlore mirror the images which will take a load off of their servers and means you don't have to resize any of your photos, so everyone can see them in full resolution.

JustKeepSwimming

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I always just upload mine to Dropbox in the public folder and then right click the picture, click copy public link, then paste it in the picture/URL box when I'm posting something.

sentiax

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Exactly what I do for imgur, but I can make albums and stuff on there.

KevtheCory

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
If you're using your (smart) phone you can use this app called Picsart, you can resize photos there as well as edit them.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum mobile app

danahughes

Reaction score
Also image shrink app works great too

Bedwards

Reaction score
Experience
5 years
1470721076270.jpg
Practicing to see how big my pic is

Attachments

SuzanaBanana

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years

DebinOz

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
The photos I post from my iPad are coming up as locked. How do I unlock them?

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom