Help Help Help

1. FEARADDAY

FEARADDAY Valued Member Member

ok i leave for a few days to my grandfathers house with a cycling tank. i tell my sister to do a water change becuase the tank needs it. i have no idea what she does. i come home 3 days later and the tank is a quarter empty and it is so cloudy you cannot see anything. my squidward house ornament is laying on the floor and my amazon sword is half uprooted. what happened?? why is it so cloudy???

2. Fanatic

Fanatic Fishlore VIP Member

Ask her what she did durning the water change.
    How are the fish?

3. clk89

clk89 Fishlore VIP Member

I'm thinking you would have to ask your sister what happened. The cloudness could be a bacteria bloom or something else. How are the water's parameters?

4. OP
    OP
    FEARADDAY

acting normal just the water is extremely foggy

5. tunafax

tunafax Well Known Member Member

I would very much like to know how your sister managed that.

6. OP
    OP
    FEARADDAY

how could it be a bacteria bloom??

7. Fanatic

Fanatic Fishlore VIP Member

Why didn't she fill it all the way up again?
    I went on vacation for one week, and constantly asked my dad if things were good.

Gladly, he's a fish lover too, so he knows what he's doing.

8. 2211Nighthawk

2211Nighthawk Fishlore VIP Member

Sounds like my own "horror" story. Left on vacation with my cousin to take care of my pond. She fed the fish like i asked but it never occurred to her that when the wind blew the fountain over and it drain the pond that *maybe* she should let me know or at least fill it! My 8" common was swimming in 2 inches of water because the pump had run dry!

But ask them what happened.

it happens :) water is alive with bacteria and everything and sometimes something happens that sets it off.

9. OP
    OP
    FEARADDAY

could it not be cycling because i have too many fish? i have 3 snails 6 guppies 3 platies an octo catfish and 2 dwarf gouramis in a 20 long

10. BHK3

BHK3 Well Known Member Member

I don't think we'll be able to answer for sure until your sister tells you what happened. Do you just really not want to ask her about it?

11. Biev

Biev Valued Member Member

Could be muck that was dislodged from the filter? Maybe she rinsed the parts straight into the tank, who knows.

12. Celestialgirl

Celestialgirl Well Known Member Member

Did she pour pails of water in really fast?