HELP - Green Chromis

hezzy

Reaction score
I have 2 green chromis...a few weeks ago, one looked like he had a small cut on his head. now he has completly vanished. is it possible he has died and somebody ate him???? I have 2 fake clown fishes, 1 yellow tang, 1 regal tang, sweeper goby, sea cucumber, sea urchin, strawberry fish, cleaner shrimp and a chocolate chip starfish.

Mike

Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Re: HELP

If it died it is quite possible that the shrimp, starfish or one of the other tank inhabitants ate it.

OP
H

hezzy

Reaction score

Thanks Mike! I thought that if somebody ate him there would be a skeleton somewhere? I was just concerened that he died and slid under a rock or something. I wouldn't want him infecting the others. (does that make sense??)

Miss Mouse

Well Known
Reaction score

I think it depends on what the cut on his head was..if it was just a cut and not infected you'll probably be ok but if it was a fungus or something contagious you'll need to monitor all your fish very carefully the next few weeks and make sure none of them have any sign of illness.
Good luck!

OP
H

hezzy

Reaction score

Thanks Miss Mouse! Everybody else seems to be doing o.k for the moment, although my cleaner shrimp is acting a bit strange. He usually hangs upside down under his rock, but now he's venturing out and hanging on the filter. maybe he's looking for more dead fish to eat! BTW, I love your giraffe! very funny!

Miss Mouse

Well Known
Reaction score

hehe thanks Good to hear they're all ok so far! Shrimps are funny things indeed. I love watching the way they kind of glide through the water with their fgunny little legs! I must invest in some ;D

OP
H

hezzy

Reaction score

yes, they are funny little creatures! To feed my starfish, I have to lift him up and put him on top of his food and whenever I do that, Gaston (my cleaner shrimp) tries to clean my fingers..it's a weird feeling!

New Threads