Help!! Glass Catfish With White Blotches

Esimm03

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
hi,
so I am currently in the process of rehoming my fish to re stock it. I was doing a fish inspection and I noticed my glass catfish had some white blotches(not ich)

I have attached a picture and the spots are located just above the gouramis head

any help would be appreciated :)

thanks,
Ethan

p.s are my other fish in danger?

SenicHedge

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I think it could be a fungal infection. I don't know a whole lot about it, but I've heard it looks similar to ICH, except for the fact that when it develops more it gets to a point where it looks like there's a cotton ball on the fish.
By the way, why don't you think it is ICH?

OP
Esimm03

Esimm03

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Xbox62 said:
hi,
so I am currently in the process of rehoming my fish to re stock it. I was doing a fish inspection and I noticed my glass catfish had some white blotches(not ich)

I have attached a picture and the spots are located just above the gouramis head

any help would be appreciated :)

thanks,
Ethan

p.s are my other fish in danger?
1485977683417.jpg

SenicHedge

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Yikes! Is the white stuff on the head the light, or the unknown disease? That really looks like a fungus, to be honest.

OP
Esimm03

Esimm03

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
SenicHedge said:
Yikes! Is the white stuff on the head the light, or the unknown disease? That really looks like a fungus, to be honest.
On the head? It's on the catfish's tail

SenicHedge said:
The white on the gouramis head is the lighting

Xbox62 said:
The white on the gouramis head is the lighting
Nope the glass catfish isn't happy he's doing cartwheels and swimming upside down

Should I euthanise with clove oil ?

SenicHedge

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I'd think the odd swimming might be a swim bladder issue. Did you do a water change sometime before the inspection, or do something that might have caused a swim bladder issue on the glass catfish?
Xbox62 said:
Should I euthanise with clove oil ?
That's your choice.

Jellybeans

Reaction score
Experience
4 years
I wouldn't resort to euthanizing until you treat him for a fungus infection. He will probably be fine after you treat that. Although they are very sensitive fish. I lost mine during a water change. I bought a digital laser thermometer after that incident to match up the new water to the tank water exactly.

OP
Esimm03

Esimm03

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Hi,

I have recently moved my tank to a stand, I didn't have a spare heater so I drained 75% of the water and moved it. I didn't shake it too much. I've done one water change since

Xbox62 said:
Hi,

I have recently moved my tank to a stand, I didn't have a spare heater so I drained 75% of the water and moved it. I didn't shake it too much. I've done one water change since
I'll wait till the morning before medication, see if he survives the night

Jellybeans

Reaction score
Experience
4 years
Oh that makes sense xbox62. He's definitely stressed because of the water change. You should have put the old water back in. I never do more than a 20% water change since taking out any more than that seriously disturbs the tanks ecosystem and greatly stresses out the fish. Good luck, I hope he makes it through tonight.

OP
Esimm03

Esimm03

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Jellybeans said:
Oh that makes sense xbox62. He's definitely stressed because of the water change. You should have put the old water back in. I never do more than a 20% water change since taking out any more than that seriously disturbs the tanks ecosystem and greatly stresses out the fish. Good luck, I hope he makes it through tonight.
Ok, thanks

OP
Esimm03

Esimm03

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Xbox62 said:
Ok, thanks
Hi,

So he survived the night

I've put the first dose of antI fungle treatmemt in.

It said I needed to remove my snail so I put him in my Betta tank until the treatment is over. How long after the treatment is it safe to add him back?

Ethan

OP
Esimm03

Esimm03

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Xbox62 said:
Hi,

So he survived the night

I've put the first dose of antI fungle treatmemt in.

It said I needed to remove my snail so I put him in my Betta tank until the treatment is over. How long after the treatment is it safe to add him back?

Ethan
Nevermind,
R.I.P

Should I continue the treatment. Just in case?

New Threads