Help get my Eheim Heater Calibrated

Kareen

Hi all, Having a problem get my Ehem heater to the right temp I set the red ring at 80 and the blue ring at 78 but the heater says on past the set temp if I turn the blue ring to 71 it tunes off .Is this a bad heater.Even if I turn the red ring to the lower point of it's range and set blue ring at 77 it still keeps saying on. is this heater bad

MasterPython

You need a thermometer to actually calibrate it. Otherwise you are doing it blind.

Kareen

I have a True Temp digital thermometer very accurate Im not sure that the red calibration ring is working right. I know Germany had china making these heaters a couple years ago and the quality went down hill they pulled the production back to Germany . I just don't know were the red calibration ring should be.

MasterPython

The red ring should be set so it points to the thermometer temperature.

DoubleDutch

ProudPapa

I have given up on trying to get the Eheim heaters to show the actual temperature. I adjust the temperature to where I want it according to a thermometer I trust, and ignore what it says on the heater itself.

GenF211

Perfect timing, I am just about to switch to an Eheim and wouldn’t have used a bucket if I hadn’t seen this! Thankyou

Similar Aquarium Threads

• aquatickeeper
  • Heater
Replies
Views
Cody
Replies
Views
ProudPapa
  • Masterblaster73
  • Heater
Replies