HELP! GBR with sudden signs of parasite!!

AlphaBeta76

My german blue ram is all of a sudden showing serious signs of internal parasite or something else. I need help asap!
Ive had him for about 6 months, water parameters are perfect, and i feed once every other day with frozen brine shrimp.
yesterday he was perfectly fine, showing no signs of issues. Last night one of my honey gourami had pssed away after batting something for over a week. This morning, my GBR was fine amd j check again this afternoon and he looks terrible.
Swimming facing the surface, sunken belly, white stringy poop, and he spits out his food when he tries to eat. What do i do!!

Attachments

• BAF2505B-DF73-479C-A6DA-B0AAF94841D8.jpeg
    BAF2505B-DF73-479C-A6DA-B0AAF94841D8.jpeg
    170 KB · Views: 22

Mii

What are your water parameters? "perfect" is not enough info.

Upvote 0

Cale24

If it is parasites, I'd run Metroplex + Focus with some food to start. Parasites usually result in a more gradual decline, with the fish losing weight.
After the Metroplex course and a 50% water change, next med I'd run would be something with levamisole in it (eg. Levamisole HCl Powder - dosage is important). Finally, again after that has run its prescribed course, a round of Prazipro, perhaps after a week's break.

Hopefully others can advise, but my first guess would be that parasites are a secondary issue, if at all. Those are just the meds I deworm my fish with in general.

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
Replies
Views
Omegaman69
  • Question
Replies
Views
Cale24
  • Question
Replies