Help! Fungus on danios?

Discussion in 'Freshwater Beginners' started by BlueMint, Jul 22, 2015.

1. BlueMint

BlueMintValued MemberMember

I have 10 Zebra Danios in my 60 gallon.

I just realized that two or three of them are acting weird and have white patches on their bodies. What do I do? Should I take them out? How do I treat them? Or will they heal by themselves? Are my other fish infected too?

Its urgent! Help please?

EDIT:
    I panicked and seperared the two danios who were acting weird and have white patches.

The thing is, I originally had 6 danios. Yesterday, I bought 4 more. I couldnt quarantine them since my dad threw away my small quarantine tank yesterday morning (how convinient. Thanks dad). Should I try to figure out who the new ones are and quarantine them along with the fungus ones?

The new ones are very small and pale (stress?). The ones I have had for a while now are large and have vibrant colors and amazing fins. I take it they are healthy. Can they easily fall prey to the fungus though? If it even is fungus...

I quarantined the two in a small tupperware (its all I had).

Last edited: Jul 22, 2015
  2. Coradee

CoradeeModeratorModerator Member

3. Matt68046

Matt68046Valued MemberMember

Yeah a good picture or even video would help us idenitify, but it sounds like columnaris, you may have to use an antibiotic.

4. OP
    OP
    BlueMint

BlueMintValued MemberMember

Well... I woke up the morning after I posted this to find that the two sick ones had died... Whatever it was, I just hope it didnt affect the fish that dont appear sick. Theyre all swimming around like normal so Im hoping we got lucky.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice