HELP! Found snail and not sure what is

BristlenoseCatfish

good evening
I was watching my fish this evening when I noticed a small orange snail on the glass of my tank, I took a picture but unfortunately it disappeared but than I noticed multiple more, this does not make any sense as no new plants/fish have been added for over 5 weeks(I’m in the lockdown)

Does anyone know what type of snail this is? (Photo attached) What do you recommend I do?

Attachments

• B0ACE2B4-BB23-491E-8BF2-46E17C7B1E37.jpeg
    B0ACE2B4-BB23-491E-8BF2-46E17C7B1E37.jpeg
    155 KB · Views: 22

BristlenoseCatfish

Hard to tell from the pic but could be a ramshorn snail.
Ok thanks, what do you recommend I do?

richiep

Yes it is a ramshorn and its up to you what you do, I dont mind them but I need to keep them in check or they will over run in time,

FishDin

They reproduce alot. They never go into lockdown :). You'll know if your overfeeding your fish when the snail population explodes.

I have red ones in one of my tanks. They don't harm anything and the tank is always clean.

StarGirl

What color is it? I wonder if its a mini or regular size one? Kinda shaped like a mini one.

BristlenoseCatfish

Yes it is a ramshorn and its up to you what you do, I dont mind them but I need to keep them in check or they will over run in time,
Ok thanks
Orange,
What color is it? I wonder if its a mini or regular size one? Kinda shaped like a mini one.
orange, and I think it’s the mini one

BristlenoseCatfish

They reproduce alot. They never go into lockdown :). You'll know if your overfeeding your fish when the snail population explodes.

I have red ones in one of my tanks. They don't harm anything and the tank is always clean.
Haha, ok thanks, I was extremely worried at first but now I think I’m going to give them a chance!

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
  • Hayden2205
  • Snails
Replies
Views
IzabelB
  • Question
  • somedudewithatank
  • Snails
Replies
Views