Help! Found a fry while cleaning!

Ladyy

I was doing a gravel clean on my 29 gallon and stirred up the gravel around my tree troll decor and a tiny baby (fry I suppose) came out lol.. I wasnt trying to breed.. Im not sure what kind it is lol or what to do

John58ford

Get a a picture of it if you can, what kind of fish are you stocked with in that tank?

Upvote 0

StarGirl

Probably a Platy baby.

Upvote 0

John58ford

Well the platy is most likely, but cory could be possible. Allot of fry can survive off the mulm (like collecting under your ornaments)for quite a while, then move straight into crushed flakes.

Congrats on the new baby fish friends.

Upvote 0

Ladyy

Well the platy is most likely, but cory could be possible. Allot of fry can survive off the mulm (like collecting under your ornaments)for quite a while, then move straight into crushed flakes.

Congrats on the new baby fish friends.
Is there usually only one?

Upvote 0

StarGirl

Im not sure. The others may have not hid as well.

Upvote 0

Ladyy

Well i have never seen one in there before and i didnt really move the troll.. It has a cave under it.. So hopefully there is more..
Well i have never seen one in there before and i didnt really move the troll.. It has a cave under it.. So hopefully there is more..
He came out of there

Attachments

• 20210418_201116.jpg
    20210418_201116.jpg
    204.7 KB · Views: 24
Upvote 0

Sofiafish17

You will probably need to focus on controlling your platy population if these ones survive. I have seen other threads with that info. The angelfish will definitely help that.

Upvote 0

Ladyy

You will probably need to focus on controlling your platy population if these ones survive. I have seen other threads with that info. The angelfish will definitely help that.
I have a 55 gallon cycling at the moment.. No fish yet... So i guess i could always add some in there.. Lol if i need to

Upvote 0

Ladyy

Im not sure. The others may have not hid as well.
Update i have now seen 3 fry.. Still cant tell much about them..

Upvote 0

Ladyy

Made the babies an inside fry tank.. Lol DYI on youtube.. Only found 2.. But they are now safe lol

Attachments

• received_745093469358123.jpeg
    received_745093469358123.jpeg
    155.1 KB · Views: 24
Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
Replies
Views
yukondog
Replies
Views