Help for stocking speciman tank

1. Baslily Initiate Member

Hi - please can anyone help me - I have been keeping fish for 7 years and am in the process of moving by community tank of fish including 2x 5" angels, 2 x 6" clown loaches, 1 spotty cory, 3 white widows, 2 x 4" gold gourami's, 4 x corys and 3 x 1" platy from their existing 125 lt tank to a new 190 lt tank. I have the new tank set up with external filter containing mature filter medium from their existing external filter and have plut a Aqua Plus water conditioner and have it up to temperature. When will it be safe to start moving them over and also does anyone have ideas for what to put in the 125lt tank as I aim to have it as a speciman tank. Size dictates not discus or parrot fish but what about cichlids.

Many thanks

2. bolivianbaby Fishlore Legend Member

Welcome to Fishlore!

Personally, I would move them over immediately since your beneficial bacteria is now in your new tank.

You could keep shell-dwelling cichlids, daffodil cichlids, or leleupi in your 125 liter tank.

3. bigblue55 Member Member

You could also try rams

4. Baslily Initiate Member

Thanks so much for the reply - all the way from the USA - love the idea of daffodil chiclids and will try and find them in my fish encyclopedia. It's bank holiday weekend here so I will begin moving my fish over to their new home tomorrow. Many thanks again

5. iZaO Jnr Well Known Member Member