Help For Sick Neons

Kcakes

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Thanks for the welcome Mike! I did my first post about 24 hours ago about my sick fish. I still don't have any advice. Is there a different way I should post it ?

Momgoose56

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Thanks for the welcome Mike! I did my first post about 24 hours ago about my sick fish. I still don't have any advice. Is there a different way I should post it ?
You receive quite a bit of advice. Methyline Blue was suggested. Pimafix and Melafix are aromatic oils and tend to be more antiseptic than antifungal/antibacterial. Try the methyline blue. Check your tank ammonia, nitrite and nitrates and correct those with water changes. Keep us posted on your fishes progress.

Kcakes

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
You receive quite a bit of advice. Methyline Blue was suggested. Pimafix and Melafix are aromatic oils and tend to be more antiseptic than antifungal/antibacterial. Try the methyline blue. Check your tank ammonia, nitrite and nitrates and correct those with water changes. Keep us posted on your fishes progress.
Ya, as soon as I panicked and posted above I got some advice. Thanks.:nailbiting:

Momgoose56

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Ya, as soon as I panicked and posted above I got some advice. Thanks.:nailbiting:
Next time you have a problem, post your thread with a label that makes it clear you have a problem or question. Labeling a thread "Help Dizzy From Research" is not going to get you many responses, mainly because we can't help you with your dizziness lol! Many people wouldn't even look twice at it thinking it's a monologue anothe the trials of finding and disseminating information.

Kcakes

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Next time you have a problem, post your thread with a label that makes it clear you have a problem or question. Labeling a thread "Help Dizzy From Research" is not going to get you many responses, mainly because we can't help you with your dizziness lol! Many people wouldn't even look twice at it thinking it's a monologue anothe the trials of finding and disseminating information.
Oh, thank you! That's what I needed to know. Never did any forum before. When you say label, is there a certain flagged to use or do I just start title with Help! ?

mattgirl

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Oh, thank you! That's what I needed to know. Never did any forum before. When you say label, is there a certain flagged to use or do I just start title with Help! ?
Had you used the title to this thread as the title to your original thread folks would have known that thread was looking for help for sick neon.

Just make the title of your thread a short description of the problem or question and the folks that can help you are more likely to check out that thread.

BTW: Welcome to Fishlore.

Kcakes

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Had you used the title to this thread as the title to your original thread folks would have known that thread was looking for help for sick neon.

Just make the title of your thread a short description of the problem or question and the folks that can help you are more likely to check out that thread.

BTW: Welcome to Fishlore.
Grateful.. and thank you.

Momgoose56

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Start it with "need help fish sick..." or "why is my fish"... or "why is my pH doing this..." or something like your "Help for sick Neons" title. That got a lot of responses right away!

Kcakes

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Start it with "need help fish sick..." or "why is my fish"... or "why is my pH doing this..." or something like your "Help for sick Neons" title. That got a lot of responses right away!
Yes, I have 2 new ways to treat my fish but still don't know what'll help my dizziness, lol

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom