Help For My Poor Daughters Betta

Comfort1974

Reaction score
Hi I have a betta that has a growth of some kind he is 5 years old (great for a betta) here are some pics . My kiddo is upset by this

Attachments

will1221

Valued Member
Reaction score
It reminds me of fin rot which is common in Bettas although it could be some sort of algae or fungal infection.

Also what’s your tank like volume,filter etc

Last edited by a moderator:

johnbirg

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
All fish have limited lifespans an 5 years is pretty good for a Betta. They can be fine one day and then the old age symptoms seem to come on all of a sudden. I don't think you can do anything to prolong his life as medications will probably only weaken his already weakened state further. It is sad when fish reach that stage but I really don't think you can do much for him. Sorry.

CheshireKat

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Please fill this https://www.fishlore.com/aquariumfishforum/threads/fish-emergency-template.376562/ out.
It could just something to do with old age. He's an old betta!

midna

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
it looks like body rot to me, fin rot that has progressed to the body. fin rot can be caused by poor water quality. you can treat it with an antibiotic like furan-2 and keeping on top of water changes but i don't know if it'll actually get better.

OP
Comfort1974

Comfort1974

Reaction score
Thank you all for your help. Im gonna try and treat it Hope it works. I will keep you all posted

Toggle Sidebar

UV Sterilizers Worth It?

• Yes

Votes: 24 25.3%
  • No

Votes: 8 8.4%
  • IDK - never used one before

Votes: 63 66.3%

Top Bottom