Help Fish Suffering!

Discussion in 'Freshwater Fish Disease' started by nlm.7100, Aug 4, 2017.

1. nlm.7100Valued MemberMember

301a8908d492593f9b8e5a9da347dad2.jpg had a parasite then I treated him. Then started getting bacterial infection sonó started treating that now he's gasping at the bottom of the tank. Help please!!! I'm gonna take water parameters soon.

2. Katie13

Katie13Fishlore VIPMember

Tank size? What are your water parameters? Did you move him for treatment? Is there enough surface aggitation to provide plenty of oxygenation?

3. OP
    OP
    n

nlm.7100Valued MemberMember

4. OP
    OP
    n

65 gallon I had some marmosa balls to help with oxygenation. Not as much agitation anymore about to get air stone at store now. Will do parameters after I get air stone. I did not move them for treatment treating in same tank

5. OP
    OP
    n

He was really bloated when he had the parasite after I treated the parasite he was a bloated anymore and started moving around a lot more

6. OP
    OP
    n

Today is the third date or bacterial infection treatment and he was fine in the morning today I just saw him laying there

7. Katie13

Katie13Fishlore VIPMember

If possible, I would get an air stone now. When medicating fish, you need to supply plenty of oxygenation. My guess is that that is the problem combined with stress from the medication.

8. OP
    OP
    n

My stupid placimos is trying to bite him :(

9. KaderTheAnt

KaderTheAntWell Known MemberMember

You mean pleco?

10. tunafax

tunafaxWell Known MemberMember

Why are you treating him in the main tank?

Take him out, put him in a plastic quarantine bin. What are you using as your bacterial med?

11. OP
    OP
    n

I don't have a spare tank anymore

12. OP
    OP
    n

Thank you everyone for you're help. He didn't make it . He died yesterday afternoon. Didn't make it to the night.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice