Help! Fish Staying Very Still And Appears To Have A Worm Hanging From His Vent!

Discussion in 'Freshwater Fish Disease' started by guppiesandpuppies, Jul 21, 2017.

1. guppiesandpuppies

guppiesandpuppiesValued MemberMember

I came in to test the water for the office fish today and sadly, I found him in the condition I described in the title. He's moving around more now, which makes me a little calmer.

Ok, so right after I wrote the above paragraph, whatever was hanging from him detached. It didn't really look like fish poop, because it was all white. In some of the pictures I took, it looks yellow, though.

I tried to get it out with a fish net after it detached, but I couldn't find it. I think it probably got sucked up by the filter.

I'll show you all of the pictures I got, though they aren't very good.

816048dfc7e376d5f3ff79d508325de5.jpgabdda4d90e6fd5f010db043a77628251.jpga66c53765ac90a6a5e996943b2401dbf.jpg27050c6370d9e1103c89ba4ba8b5bbe7.jpg

What should I do? Is he safe?

2. MikeRad89

MikeRad89Well Known MemberMember

You're really over-analyzing your fish. The fish looks very healthy, I don't see anything that I would even think twice about.

3. OP
    OP
    guppiesandpuppies

When I found him, he was very still against an aquarium decoration. Stayed that way for a few minutes, then he moved, then he did it again. Also, I keep hearing that white poop is sometimes because of internal parasites.

4. Dragones5150918

Dragones5150918Well Known MemberMember

White poop can mean many things. Diet is the main one. Veggies/Greens in the diet, low red food coloring in the food, low crude protein and low meat proteins (IE cheap foods)

He actually looks like a very healthy male.

5. OP
    OP
    guppiesandpuppies

For the last 10-15 minutes when I was there, he was frequently staying in one place. I fed him and I think he didn't eat much (he was moving around the tank right then and the filter's current and air pump's current were pushing the food around, and I think the filter sucked some of it up, so it was hard to tell exactly how much he ate).

6. OnTheFlyWell Known MemberMember

Looks like a healthy guppy having a nice poop. He looks well fed.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice