Help! Fish Staying Very Still And Appears To Have A Worm Hanging From His Vent!

1. guppiesandpuppies

guppiesandpuppies Valued Member Member

I came in to test the water for the office fish today and sadly, I found him in the condition I described in the title. He's moving around more now, which makes me a little calmer.

Ok, so right after I wrote the above paragraph, whatever was hanging from him detached. It didn't really look like fish poop, because it was all white. In some of the pictures I took, it looks yellow, though.

I tried to get it out with a fish net after it detached, but I couldn't find it. I think it probably got sucked up by the filter.

I'll show you all of the pictures I got, though they aren't very good.

816048dfc7e376d5f3ff79d508325de5.jpg abdda4d90e6fd5f010db043a77628251.jpg a66c53765ac90a6a5e996943b2401dbf.jpg 27050c6370d9e1103c89ba4ba8b5bbe7.jpg

What should I do? Is he safe?

2. MikeRad89

MikeRad89 Well Known Member Member

You're really over-analyzing your fish. The fish looks very healthy, I don't see anything that I would even think twice about.

3. OP
    OP
    guppiesandpuppies

When I found him, he was very still against an aquarium decoration. Stayed that way for a few minutes, then he moved, then he did it again. Also, I keep hearing that white poop is sometimes because of internal parasites.

4. Dragones5150918

Dragones5150918 Well Known Member Member

White poop can mean many things. Diet is the main one. Veggies/Greens in the diet, low red food coloring in the food, low crude protein and low meat proteins (IE cheap foods)

He actually looks like a very healthy male.

5. OP
    OP
    guppiesandpuppies

For the last 10-15 minutes when I was there, he was frequently staying in one place. I fed him and I think he didn't eat much (he was moving around the tank right then and the filter's current and air pump's current were pushing the food around, and I think the filter sucked some of it up, so it was hard to tell exactly how much he ate).

6. O

OnTheFly Well Known Member Member

Looks like a healthy guppy having a nice poop. He looks well fed.