Help! Fish Out Of Water

Discussion in 'Freshwater Fish Forums' started by Alisa12345, Apr 21, 2018.

1. Alisa12345Valued MemberMember

So my female betta lives in a 3.5 gal tank and I was cleaning it out and I came back in my room to find her on the desk the tank is one out of her temporary container. I dont think she was out of water long because I slid her back into her water and she was still alive. Now shes in the same vontainer with a lid on it. Is there something I need to put in the water to help with her incident and trauma?

2. SwampgorillaValued MemberMember

I wouldn't. She'll either die or live ... I would leave her alone and not stress her. Really not much you can do here except hope.

3. DemeterFishlore VIPMember

No need to add anything. If she was still wet then there's shouldn't be much damage. At most the slime coat would be damaged from flopping around. If she was kind of sticky rather than all wet then there could be more damage, in which case all you can do is wait.

4. Thunder_o_bFishlore VIPMember

Bettas are labyrinth fish. They can survive for a while breathing just air. As long as the fish was not injured or dried out it should be fine.

5. penguin02Well Known MemberMember

I've had a betta, molly, and African clawed frog fall on the floor, and all three have been okay. You don't know fear until you've chased a tiny aquatic frog around your room when you swore to your parents that it would never escape.

If the fish was still wet when you put her back in the tank, then she should be fine. I agree with everything stated above.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice