Help! Fish Opening Mouth/not Eating

siebren

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
I have 4 green neons, 2 black tetras. 25 gallon tank.
I have and air stone! So I doubt it's a problem with oxygen.

I got the black tetras 4 days ago, they were very active, eating, and all. I added the 4 green neons 2 days ago and they were very active as well

My tank is 4 months old, been running the whole time, I tried adding fish (6 fancy guppies) 2 months ago but they stayed at the top of the tank and after a few days died. I let my water cycle for 2 months, after doing several water changes.

I've tested my water, and all the perameters check out, I'm worried about my fish, they keep opening there mouth maybe 2-3 times a second, they stoped eating as well. They stay at the back of the tank at the bottom. But they still move around alittle, what could I try?

KimberlyG

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
There is nothing visually wrong with the fish? Color, bloating, spots or patches?

siebren

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Not that I can tell! They don't seem different from when I got them besides that they open there mouths way too often, the green neons seem to have lost alittle bit of colour I suppose, alittle less brilliant... but besides that I don't notice anything

trixirita

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Maybe you can try a 100% water change, and cycle the tank again? This could be a virus in the water or infection, this probably isn't the case but you could try. this could also be because of maybe something in your tank (a decoration that is harmful, or a plant). I also recommend getting some floating pellats if this continues.

siebren

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Ah yes, I'm going to go get some, im also going to get some medication for them

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom