Help! Fish Loosing Tails, Covered In White Fungus! - Page 2

Sebastian CHokka

Oh. One Neon Tetra died. I have some weird fungus growing in my tank, so I put in Fungus Gaurd. I have gotten some good bacteria from one of my other tanks and my pond and put it in. What else an I do?
I have 1 neon left...

Sebastian CHokka

HELP!
I realized its white spot. Thought it was a fungus, not ich.
I have fungus gaurd in my tank. Is it safe to put in Marineland Ich Remedy with ungusGaurd?

Sebastian CHokka

If you're counting from the first picture posted, pictures 11, 16, 17
If you're counting from the first picture posted, pictures 11, 16, 17
Is it safe to use FungusGaurd by Tetra with Marineland Ich Remedy?
Need answer FAST!

Sebastian CHokka

HELP!!

EbiAqua

Calm down, and no, I would not dose multiple medications at once. Just keep up with water changes. If a medication is not working, try another, but do not mix.

Sebastian CHokka

ok, because I am treating them for fungus, when they have ich. The BEtta and Pleco are completely covered, and my last Neon died...

EbiAqua

ok, because I am treating them for fungus, when they have ich. The BEtta and Pleco are completely covered, and my last Neon died...
Ich is a protozoan. You can treat it with heat by gradually increasing the temperature of your heater. Google "heat treating ich"

Sebastian CHokka

ok, I can't control the heat of my heater. Stays around 80 degrees.

EbiAqua

ok, I can't control the heat of my heater. Stays around 80 degrees.
I think you can also treat with aquarium salt, but it isn't easy on scaleless fish like plecos. If there's no fungus just do a water change and medicate for ICH.

Do you have carbon in your filter? If so it is absorbing your medicine!

Sebastian CHokka

I do, but then I took it out, and I put it back today to grow bacteria. going to take it out.

Sebastian CHokka

How much of a water change?

Dave125g

I suggest heat for now. Do a major water change. Add carbon to your filters. All in an effort to remove current meds from the tank. Wait a day or 2 and if its a really advanced case of ich ,medicate. I don't like to use meds for ich but sometimes its necessary . I recommend rid-ich plus.

Sebastian CHokka

I did a 25% water change. Had carbon in for a day. Put in the medication. My betta is now sticking himself nto the holes of the airplane...

KimberlyG

I tried to point this out Saturday when everyone was fighting over carbon. They were well salted then, I'm sure they are a mess by now. I would not mix medications but I do not think you have time for the heat treatment. When was the last dose of the Fungus Guard and how much water have you changed out after that?

Dave125g

25% isn't nearly enough. I suggest at least 60%

Sebastian CHokka

Did a chsnge for 25%. then I added another dose around 3. After, did another 25%and added ich killer.

Sebastian CHokka

my Mom said that with the activated carbon, it should kill the fungus stuff. I do have a weird fungus in my tank though... Its like mold in water...
really weird. gravel vaccumed it all up. I think. Its kinda growing on the pleco...

KimberlyG

Okay, Let's just hope those two meds play nice together. You don't have carbon in the filter now, Correct?

KimberlyG

my Mom said that with the activated carbon, it should kill the fungus stuff. I do have a weird fungus in my tank though... Its like mold in water...
really weird. gravel vaccumed it all up. I think. Its kinda growing on the pleco...
Maybe you could get us a picture of the "mold in water" stuff later. But right now if you have carbon in your filter, It is taking out the medication and you are not treating the fish. You need to get that carbon out of the filter.

Sebastian CHokka

It doesn't come apart. Just removed the filter cartridge out. Its just to keep the water cycled. I will try to find just a sponge pad in my basement.

Sebastian CHokka

My Betta is looking a bit better. Not going sideways when laying down, using pelvic fins. Not jamming head into holes. My pleco is still attaching himself to the filter lip... letting stream wash over him...

Sebastian CHokka

Beta not jamming head into holes now. Pleco is dead. Betty laying on his side. Don't know what to do, but I added another dose...

Sebastian CHokka

They are all dead...

bopsalot

Sorry to hear that. Hang around the forum and do some research. Keep learning and maybe you can start over at a later time. Good luck!

Betrayer

They are all dead...
I'm very sorry to hear that.

If/when you feel ready to restart, there are many knowledgable members here who would be happy to help guide you through the process--cycling the tank, appropriate stocking, tank maintenance, etc.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Thunder_o_b
  • Question
Replies
Views
YukiBarnett
Replies
Views
AggressiveAquatics
Replies