Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Last edited:

bacrabby

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
sorry, accidentally submitted with forgetting to post the pics they will be up shortly

bolivianbaby

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
The first pic looks like a yellow lab without the black, which I've never seen before. Hopefully someone can ID him for you.

In the 2nd pic, the orange fish is a red zebra and the blue fish, I want to say is demasoni, but I'm not positive. Hopefully someone can give a positive ID on him.

They're all Malawi, though, best kept in a species only tank (by Lake). Hope this helps.

Shawnie

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
welcome to fishlore!!
first pic looks like a kenyi male? and the second does look like a zebra and kenyi..these fish can look like allot of different ones (to me LOL) but all are africans which are a species only tank ...which means only other africans do best with them

Nutter

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
The first one appears to be Pseudotropheus Tropheops or a Pseudotropheus Lomabdoi female. Could bea Kenyi to like Shawnie mentioned. Can you get a pic with the whole head in it? That will make ID a little easier. I think I also see the rear end of a Green Terror in that shot.

The second pic blue fish I'm pretty sure is Pseudotropheus Zebra & Pseudotropheus Extherae.
https://www.fishlore.com/aquariummagazine/apr08/zebra-cichlid.htm

bacrabby

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Thanks for the help guys, ill try to get better shots maybe ill just sit in front of the tank until they decide to stay still.

@Nutter yep thats a Green Terror, I know he isn't supposed to be there but my gf gave it to me as a gift and I had no where else to put him. But they're doing okay the Green Terror acts like a bodyguard and keeps the aggressiveness of the african cichlids in check

Nutter

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
If they are all in your 35gal, your in for some pretty serious problems. The Mbuna really need at least 55gal to share due to thier high levels of activity & aggression. The Terror needs at least 55gal all for itself as they get pretty big (12") & produce lots of waste. Once the Terror gets to a decent size it will start belting the rest of the fish around to. They are usually highly aggressive as mature fish though there are a few exceptions to that rule.

bacrabby

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
@nutter I know that the tank is too small but its what i have to deal with for now. I was suppose to get a 55 gallon but my mom objected. I already had the fish before buying the tank because my sister bought a small 15 gallon for my niece and the guy at the pet store said she could put any fish in it so my sis got the mbunas. Then I got into fishkeeping and I researched and found out that they needed a bigger tank.

Ill try my best to get a better more suitable tank for them don't worry guys.

Aquarist

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Good morning,

I have moved your thread to the Fish ID Help section of the forum.

Thanks!
Ken

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom