help fish food shelf date?

orangeson

Reaction score
hello everyone i bought fish food from petland and the date on the sticker with the price says 3/3/06 . and i bought this a month ago well i peeled that sticker off and the underneth sticker reads 12/08/02 , i wanted to know if fish food has a shelf life and is it possiable this food has been around since 2002 ? and was never sold ? please let me know so i can get rid of this food and buy my fish something else i dont want my fish to get sick off old fish food the name of the fish food is bio blend tropical fish food made by marineland labs

Neville

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
if the date on the food is expired, don't give it to your fish. buy some new food and always check the expiry date on the food-packet.

Gunnie

Well Known Member
Reaction score
I've never heard of that practice! I don't think the food would hurt your fish, but it might be of low nutritional value. You are already leary of it, so I say get rid of it just for peace of mind.

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I think I would take it back to the store. If they have a practice of deliberately selling out of date food and then covering it up makes you wonder what other shady practices they have. Carol

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom