Help Finding Good Prices

Discussion in 'Cherry Shrimp' started by MudSkipper, Apr 10, 2017.

1. MudSkipper

MudSkipper Valued Member Member

Hello! I need help finding a good online seller for cherry shrimp at a good price.

I found a site that sells for 0.50c a shrimp but I can't find a button to order some...  

2. TexasDomer

TexasDomer Fishlore Legend Member

I would try Aquabid as well.

3. Briggs

Briggs Well Known Member Member

If you go back a page to where they list all the shrimp, those are listed as sold out. To good a deal to last, I guess!

4. OP
    OP
    MudSkipper

Then again, I probably could create my own cherry shrimp colony in a 5 gallon with a "breeders combo pack" on aquaticarts.com for 29.65$ pretty good deal imo. Then I would have a shrimp army!

5. TexasDomer

I would definitely not do their combo packs. They include multiple colors of the same species, and the breeding of these would result in wild type (i.e. brown) shrimp.

6. OP
    OP
    MudSkipper

It means combo pack for ONLY cherry shrimp so its a mix of males and females.
    Just something that they had as an option for individual shrimps and if you wanted to breed them.

7. Five 97

Five 97 Well Known Member Member

I think TD was mixed up with some of the other deals on aquatic arts - they have several.

If you can afford it, they (aquatic arts) have quality stock, and the breeder combo pak would give you a good lift off toward breeding if that's what your after.

Trinsfish is another great option (I've never ordered shrimp from him), they just got RCS in stock recently.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2017
  8. TexasDomer

Yes, I was thinking of the color combo packs. When I buy multiple shrimp from somewhere, I automatically assume they'll be a mix of males and females; I thought that was a given.

9. OP
    OP
    MudSkipper

I do not intend on breeding as to sell but to get a larger colony without having to buy too many shrimp. But that may be a mistake.

10. TexasDomer

Not a mistake at all! The shrimp colony won't overtake the tank. If they start getting too numerous, just feed a little less or feed off some of the babies to your fish.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice