Help Finding 75 Gallon

thatweirdfishkid

Hey :) I've never acquired a tank as big as 75 gallons before, so I need some help. If I wanted a tank that large, how would I go about it? I'm not sure if it would be better to try building my own, considering that I've never built a tank before, or if I should just buy one. Of course, the price for a tank that large is expectedly high, but I just want to ask if buying one is the best option (and where to buy it from). I have always bought my tanks from Petco, but their 75 is $209 and their dollar per gallon sale, where a 75 would be half off, isn't until February. I am willing to pay that much for the tank, it would just take me a bit longer than I would have wanted. Also, I am open to building it myself if that's not too complicated. If I mess up, then I think I could always turn it into a clear mushroom planter, lol ;P I would prefer to buy it though, so if anyone knows a good place where I can get it for cheaper, then that would be more than perfect. Thanks so much!!

awilkinson871

There is a good chance that Petco will have the aquarium sale again before February. The had it twice this summer. I would definitely buy it not make it.

SixThreeOh

Keep an eye out on Facebook Marketplace or other fish forums. You can get some massive tanks for about $1 a gallon in LA.

thatweirdfishkid

There is a good chance that Petco will have the aquarium sale again before February. The had it twice this summer. I would definitely buy it not make it.
Okay, thank you so much. I am a pals reword member, so I get email updates on events from them. Do you happen to know if there is a closer date set right now? Thanks so much <3
Keep an eye out on Facebook Marketplace or other fish forums. You can get some massive tanks for about $1 a gallon in LA.
Okay, I will do that. Thanks so much, looking now <3

awilkinson871

I do not know of one yet, but there is often one in the fall so keep an eye out.

Sb092

Hey :) I've never acquired a tank as big as 75 gallons before, so I need some help. If I wanted a tank that large, how would I go about it? I'm not sure if it would be better to try building my own, considering that I've never built a tank before, or if I should just buy one. Of course, the price for a tank that large is expectedly high, but I just want to ask if buying one is the best option (and where to buy it from). I have always bought my tanks from Petco, but their 75 is $209 and their dollar per gallon sale, where a 75 would be half off, isn't until February. I am willing to pay that much for the tank, it would just take me a bit longer than I would have wanted. Also, I am open to building it myself if that's not too complicated. If I mess up, then I think I could always turn it into a clear mushroom planter, lol ;P I would prefer to buy it though, so if anyone knows a good place where I can get it for cheaper, then that would be more than perfect. Thanks so much!!
I went to 3 different shops before finding my 75 gallon. I went to petco, petsmart, and finally pet supermarket. I ended buying at pet supermarket because the other two stores only had 55 gallons as their biggest tanks. I think we spent $160 on the tank. But of course it didn’t come with lids or filters or anything, basically just a tank is what I got.

awilkinson871

In case you missed the notice- Petco has open top tanks 50% off thru October 31 up to 75 gallons.

CHJ

Cruise craigslist. 75s are pretty common. For 220 and larger you will have to have patience. For 500+ it is a seller's market.
Best price near me is 150$ for tank, filter, light, heater, and fish. I looked at the pic and didn't see any fish. then I noticed a large oscar blending into the driftwood. Shows a stand but that is not listed.

Everyone else selling a 75 is a dreamer. 125s are dreamers. There is an Osaka dreamer (cool looking tank though). and finally some joker trying to get 25% more than new price on his 300g.
So not a good day here on craigs. but that is just today. For common smaller tanks like a 75 I look for under 1$/gal with extras. I'd be inclined to hold out for around that for a 125. At 220 ~2$/gal. 300 I might have to go to 3$/gal. 500+, I ain't that rich.

Keep in mind black Friday is coming up. Petco and PetSmart will have a sale. Last few years the aquariums were smaller 125 and below. One sale though they had monsters for crazy low prices. I nearly bought a divorce tank (some monster near cube that would have filled the back of a pickup and IIRC was ~3' tall. for 300$ because the covers got broken) .

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
86 ssinit
Replies
Views
fishnovice33
Replies
Views
Islandvic
Replies
Views