Help! Emergency Restocking My 30 Gal

Liquidhorses

Hello All!

I have quite the situation and was wondering if anyone could help me with it.
Right now, I have a 30 gallon tank, 10 gallon tank, and two 5 gallon emergency buckets (I used these buckets for treating my goldfish when I got him, due to his ammonia burns).

My current fish stock include
- 1 baby comet goldfish (1.5-2 inches)
- 3 kuhlI loaches (2.5-3.5 inches)
- soon: 2 dwarf gouramies

They are all fish I have "rescued" from poor conditions or negligent owners. In a few days, I will be receiving the dwarf gouramies from a desperate neighbor until I can find a better home for them. I am concerned as to what would be the best stocking for each tank that would provide them healthiest conditions possible? Ideally, I would keep them all in my 30 gal, but it would not be healthy for them at that size. I was thinking of stocking my 10 gal with just one gourami and keeping my loaches + comet + female gourami in the 30 gal (they have been coexisting there for about two weeks now)? I am planning to upgrade my tank soon but due to financial circumstances, I am not sure I can get it within a month or two. Any ideas on this? Thanks in advance!

MattS99

I'd keep the goldie in the 30 alone, khulis and a gourami in a 10, and the last gourami in a 5. Not ideal, but it's probably the best that you can do.

delete999

I'd get something like a large, cheap sterilite tote (I've seen them up to 50 gallons, I keep my crickets in an 18 gallon) with wooden braces to prevent bowing (if it's more than a couple of weeks) for the goldfish, along with something cheap like a decently sized sponge filter (my LFS sells them for $10 for a bigger one ). Then you could keep the kuhlis and gourami in the 30 and the last gourami in the 10. Or you could go with Matt's idea.

Taff

HI as the goldfish is still a juvenile as long as it has a filter it should be fine in the 10 gallon for the 1-2 months until your upgrade that would allow you to house the tropical species in the 39g which could be their permanent home (dwarf gourami can be hit and miss together but a 30 gallon should be big enough.

Clearly an adult goldfish requures more than a 19 gallon but you seem to have this in hand.

Well done for saving them.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Whales7
Replies
Views
tyguy7760
Replies
Views
Snooze
Replies