Help- Dropsy..

pomfish

Hello everyone,

My heart is broken today. I purchased a female betta a few weeks ago and thought she was bloated. I first fasted her and then tried feeding her peas. She started doing some things (trouble swimming, stringey poop) that I attributed to constipation. My water levels were fine, checked them and the tank was cycled so I don't know... Today when I went to check up on her she is suddenly pine-coned and her spine has a slight curve. I want to try something before I give up on her, I already feel awful. Whats the best treatment for dropsy at this stage?? I'm already on the way for epsom salt and also clove oil just in case ... I also already have betta revive if that helps?

Please help ❤️

Rtessy

Dropsy Treatment
This will help, click on the above link
I've been treating my goldfish for dropsy using just Epsom salt in the tank and 1-2 baths daily (time restrictions) and he seems to have stopped worsening, or at least at a much much slower rate than before
I kinda think he looks less swollen, but I'm not sure and I don't want to jinx myself. He's still very active though
Also, I forget if the link says it, but 50% daily water changes are supposed to help as well, if you have the time, and just remember to replace the epsom salt that you take out if you go this route
I hope it works for you

pomfish

Okay, thank you very much. I'm glad to hear it has stopped worsening, I hope your goldfish gets better

Rtessy

Thanks, and I really hope your betta recovers. Best of luck!

eukendywa

My fish had dropsy and I treated them with Flubendazole and it cleared it up.
A fellow named Charles Harrison helped me out.
I hope things work out for you.

Dropsy Treatment
This will help, click on the above link
I've been treating my goldfish for dropsy using just Epsom salt in the tank and 1-2 baths daily (time restrictions) and he seems to have stopped worsening, or at least at a much much slower rate than before
I kinda think he looks less swollen, but I'm not sure and I don't want to jinx myself. He's still very active though
Also, I forget if the link says it, but 50% daily water changes are supposed to help as well, if you have the time, and just remember to replace the epsom salt that you take out if you go this route
I hope it works for you

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
qldmick
Replies
Views
Tafetti
Replies
Views
Repolie
Replies