Help, Disease Diagnosis Help

1. jaay1604 Initiate Member

Guys please help, I'm not sure whats the issue, but water parameters are normal, PH slightly high, 7.7 but nitrate and ammonia is normal.
    However I started with one panda cory having these red gills and appears to be breathing abit hard, I thought he had hurt himself but now there is another one starting to show such symptoms, I'm not sure what it could be, searched gill inflammation but its not that either, no chlorines, no nitrite spike, maybe I'm just overthinking but I've had this tank for over 2 months and the rest of the fishes seems unaffected.
    In fact the ones that are exhibiting signs act normally apart from the redness, clamped fins and breathing slightly hard, they eat, they move around in search of food, it seems rather abnormal. I don't know what to think. any ideas?

2. Shadow2331 Member Member

Red gills and heavy breathing is a symptom for ammonia poisoning, when did u last tested your water for ammonia??

3. jaay1604 Initiate Member

l
    like 20 mins ago, I tested everything already. Its so strange its happening.

4. Shadow2331 Member Member

If not ammonia then might be gill flukes, are any other part red ??

5. jaay1604 Initiate Member

gill flukes would affect all of my fishes right? Also, there are no other red regions apart from the gills shown in the video.

6. Shadow2331 Member Member

yes if it is a gill fluke it can slowly infect other fishes in the tank, iam not 100% sure if its a gill fluke just saying that its a possibility that its a gill fluke because the infected part is just the gills

7. jaay1604 Initiate Member

you might have actually got it, i did notice some slight red coloration on my Panda corys, are the signs like slight reddish spots on the body?

if it is gill flukes, what would you recommend as a treatment. Also I live in temperate country, water temp is always about 27-29.

8. Shadow2331 Member Member

Some symptoms of gill flukes include
    rapid breathing, loss of appetite, discoloured gill filaments, and swollen gills. Infected fish may also gasp at the water surface where the water has a higher oxygen concentration or lay at the bottom due to the gill damage.
    If you can observe both sides of the fish, you may see that a gill cover is clapped shut or permanently open. Other signs may be skin cloudiness resulting from excess mucus production.

Heavy infestations are life threating as bacteria and fungus infections often occur. As the parasite reaches a more advanced stage the fish will become lethargic. As the parasite multiplies the fish will isolate itself and spend long periods laying on the bottom with its fins clamped to its body or simply keeping to a corner of the tank.