Help Dino

paul_219

Reaction score
Yeah whats wrong with it. All fish swims normal. But when i turn on the light for the tank, it stop simming, it sits in the bottom on the tank and it rarely swims. 10x

Stradius011

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Re: What is wrong with this fish.

Which fish are you talking about?

0morrokh

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years

If the fish is a catfish then that's perfectly normal behavior, at least for most catfish. If this isn't a catfish there's something wrong.

paul_219

Reaction score

I am talking about goldfish. Why do they lay down on the bottom of the tank. All the time

Stradius011

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years

What kind of Goldfish is it? Is it laying down on its side?

paul_219

Reaction score

Its a v tail goldfish. It doesnt go aside. It just sit in the bottom of the tank on its stomach.

paul_219

Reaction score
I have a problem with a goldfish. First i want to ask that i read on a website that some goldfish do need a heater. seconde one of my goldfish keeplaying in the bottom of the tank, what wrong with it. I have a 33 gal tank with an internal filter that came with it. It circulates the water.

Peter243243

Valued Member
Reaction score
My goldfish lay when they sleep. Is this at daytime?
Of cource, Dino is going to have a better answer than I could come up with in 5 years. ;D

paul_219

Reaction score
It does all the time not only at night or at day.

Stradius011

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I'm not Dino but I have a few questions to ask. Is its gills breathing rapidly? Is laying at its side?

Stradius011

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years

Do you have any tankmates with him?

Dino

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Gold fish are temperate fish, unlike most of the fish we keep, which are from tropic regions.
They do best in the 60-70 degree F range. So in most cases, a heater is not needed.
How many fish are in the tank and what is your water change schedule?
Several goldfish types are not active fish, such as the lion heads or celectrials.

Hopefully we can find out if there is a problem, and get your fish back on track.

Dino

Stradius011

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Dino said:
Gold fish are temperate fish, unlike most of the fish we keep, which are from tropic regions.
They do best in the 60-70 degree F range.  So in most cases, a heater is not needed.
How many fish are in the tank and what is your water change schedule?
Several goldfish types are not active fish, such as the lion heads or celectrials.

Hopefully we can find out if there is a problem, and get your fish back on track.

Dino
He said that his is a Vetail.

0morrokh

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years

Goldfish shouldn't be sitting on the bottom, that's for sure. What are your tank perameters--ammonia, nitrite, nitrate, pH, and also temp? What are you feeding? Any tankmates? Does the fish have difficulty swimming or does he just seem to not want to? Is the fish exhibiting any other possible symptoms of disease or strange behaviors? What size is the tank?

whoa sorry about all the questions! We just don't know enough info to know what is wrong at this point.

paul_219

Reaction score

My tank is 29 gal tank. Yeah it has some tank mates(goldfish). The temperature is 27 degrees celcius because its realy cold here at night. everything 0

paul_219

Reaction score
I have a v tail goldfish fish. and telescope eye goldfish. My tank is new i didnt do any water change yet. The filter circulates the water. Every 1 year i change the water. I added a heater because it gets really cold here at night thats y my LFS told me to put a heater. My tank is 29 gal. With a wand and 1 artificial plant.

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years

I'm going to merge this with your other thread as it seems to have the same subject and is about the same goldfish. Hope you don't mind
Carol

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom