HELP!!! did one of my fishes eat him!?!?

Arely

I currently have 1 angel fish (going to a new home soon because he's aggressive)1 blue dwarf gaurami (semi aggressive) 2 tiger barbs (only seen 1 aggressive towards the angel fish) 5 tetras and 1 I think jullie cory and 2 peppered cory. I've noticed one if the peppered staying small so I started adding 2/3 more palletes but he was also turning black n the others were getting bigger and staying light grey. but yesterday night I noticed the black corys his tail was kinda cloudy/slimey and he had a couple red spots on his tail and stomach. I was going to take him out and put him in something else but decided not too. I woke up to check on them and unfortunately he was dead and his tail looked to be eaten and his red spots were bigger and darker. I've never seen any of my other fishes be aggressive towards the corys since they mind their business. does anyone know why this mightve happened?? I have a 29_30 gal with just a couple decorations

V1K

I think agression had nothing to do with it. The cory was weak, so it got sick, and then it died. And when a fish dies in the tank, mo matter how peaceful the inhabitants are, they WILL eat it. So yeah, your fish ate the corpse, might have even started to nibble before it was 100% dead, but that is not what killed it. Based on the description, it sounds like the cory had an infection.

Arely

I think agression had nothing to do with it. The cory was weak, so it got sick, and then it died. And when a fish dies in the tank, mo matter how peaceful the inhabitants are, they WILL eat it. So yeah, your fish ate the corpse, might have even started to nibble before it was 100% dead, but that is not what killed it. Based on the description, it sounds like the cory had an infection.

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
Replies
Views
DoubleDutch
  • Question
Replies
Views
BigManAquatics
Replies
Views
Corycat