HELP - Bully fish

Discussion in 'Freshwater Fish Forums' started by emilyelizabeth, Aug 8, 2014.

1. e

emilyelizabeth New Member Member

I have three guppies, 2 female and 1 male, and one of the females is chasing and nipping the male and the female. She is being quite aggressive and appears to be stressing the other guppies out. Please help - should I get another female? I isolated the female bully but she started getting really stressed. She is mainly agitating the other female.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2014
  2. lala29

lala29 Well Known Member Member

Sounds like a pain :/ maybe she is looking for attention from the male. What size is the tank? Also what are the diameters of the tank? It may be a establishment issue :)

3. OP
    OP
    e

It definitely is :( It is 16L, 37x24 cm. Perhaps my tank is too small. It is my first and I am looking into getting another tank already - just have to convince my parents ;)

4. lala29

lala29 Well Known Member Member

Imo even tho its a okay liter tank for three guppies, i feel its far to small.

From personal experience guppies love to swim... And their good at it! More space would be best because if the boy is chasing the girls constantly (which he will do) she has nowhere to escape so she is attacking them to fend them off :/

If i was you i would get a bigger tank or maybe taking the girls back and having 2 males together :)

The girls will have lots of babies and with a tank that size you will be over stocked very very quickly :/

5. OP
    OP
    e

Okay thank you! :) I am definitely going to look into getting a bigger tank :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice