Help Building a Pond

pjonjclark

okay, so I'm familiar with aquariums so I'm not clueless but when it comes to ponds I'm lost. this summer I want to set one up but other than getting a liner I'm not sure what else I need. my area gets cold winters with occasional snow, this year its been around 12f a few times. I was wondering if I xan keep,fish in that temp over winter if there's a way to keep it from,freezing. if so what kind. also plant ideas. now if winter is not an option what do I do with the fish during colder months. I'm not new to fish keeping but compeltely new to ponds so any help/advice would be awesome. I'm not looking to spend a fortune either. I know this isn't a cheap plan but I want to keep the expenses on the lower end of the scale

Wendigoblue

Ponds are awesome!

So to start you off, I like watching youtube videos of the process it helps me understand how to do it.
This video goes over almost everything pond and koi!! I doubt there is another video that goes this in depth about ponds and koi! It's literally an hour long though...

ThePondDigger The Pond Digger is a great Youtube channel about ponds!

This is a series of videos by The Pond Digger, that's very informative! Love the goat!

Pondguru The Pond Guru is also a great Youtube channel!

All these videos will answer lots of your questions and will show you different ways of setting up your pond! Have any questions? Just ask! Good luck!

Rivieraneo

Thread title changed.

Great advice given so far. Before you start digging, contact your local "dig alert" number so public utilities have a chance to inspect the area so you don't run the risk of damaging something underground.

lopez18

have you reserched the fish you want it is important to do so you're not going to feed a oto carnivore pellets right ?

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
  • LHanna61
  • Ponds
Replies
Views
kansas
  • mmercier
  • Ponds
Replies
Views
mmercier