Help, Bristlenose Pleco is not eating

Tom

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
My BN isn't eating anything and it's stomach region is just shrinking. I gave it a slice of cucumber and a algae wafer to eat and the other fish ate them both. I tried putting the BN in one of my breeder nets with some food in hopes it would eat and it just sat on the cucumber and didn't eat any of it. I am getting really worried. I don't want to have to get it replaced. Please help me.
Tom

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Try feeding it at night after lights out. what ate the cucumber. Also try some zuchinni, mine can't resist it
Carol

Clint

Valued Member
Reaction score

Tom

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Butterfly said:
Try feeding it at night after lights out. what ate the cucumber. Also try some zuchinni, mine can't resist it
Carol
I leave the slice in the tank overnight and it was just a little swollen with water. the only things taht ate the cucumber were my 2 skunk loaches, which by the way are mostly hiding now that I took out the clown loach.

Clint

Valued Member
Reaction score
Tom said:
Butterfly said:
Carol
I leave the slice in the tank overnight and it was just a little swollen with water. the only things taht ate the cucumber were my 2 skunk loaches, which by the way are mostly hiding now that I took out the clown loach.
Wow the things u learn?its like i have a spider plant over top my aquarium i put 1 spider in the tank it grew the fish loved it ....Hmm never stop learnin?....thx 4 ur time .....Clint

Tom

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I found out that my pleco is really quite happy and looks a little thing due to the angle from the glass. It loves the cucumber seeds and doesn't eat anything else. But all my other fish that it is with love and eat the rest of it.
Tom

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom