Help Bn Pleco

Smalltownfishfriend

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Long story short, my bn pleco went missing.. I put a piece of cucumber out today and he didn't come.. I found him stuck in a rock.. I removed the rock and pried him out as gently as I could.. he is bleeding and lost scales.. I have him in a container out of the tank in tank water... What should I do?? Is he too far gone?? He is swollen and lethargic too.. I will post pictures!!

Here he or she is..

Attachments

DoubleDutch

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Give it some place to hide and treat with Esha 2000 or something alike to prevent infection.

Goldiemom

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I lost mine and found it in the filter media. He was stuck with his barbed fins in the floss. I had to gently pull him out while pulling floss away and trying to get him unstucked. He wasn't bloody but was very stressed. I just let him back in the tank and he went to hide. He made it though and yours probably will too. They are tough little guys/gals. Good luck!

Smalltownfishfriend

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Thanks!! He is still alive! I believe I will put him back in the tank.. I wish I had a hospital tank now... And I will see about getting some meds to treat him with! I guess keeping the water pristine would probably help too??!!

mattgirl

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I had that happen to a cory years ago. My hubby had to pry the little guy out. He ending up living for years after his mishap. He didn't have a lot of damage though. Of course I removed the offending decoration so he couldn't get in it again.

I sure hope time and no stress will help your little guy pull through. I agree with putting him back in his home to lessen the stress.

Smalltownfishfriend

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Thanks for your reassurance!!! I really hope he lives.. he is one of the few originals from when I started my tank!!!

DoubleDutch

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Smalltownfishfriend said:
Thanks!! He is still alive! I believe I will put him back in the tank.. I wish I had a hospital tank now... And I will see about getting some meds to treat him with! I guess keeping the water pristine would probably help too??!!
It is all about infection-prevention.

Smalltownfishfriend

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Goldiemom said:
How’s he doing tonight? If you can get some Melafix it will help.
Well this morning he doesn't look much different.. he is just laying at the same spot in the tank.. he is still alive though!! Ok I will try and get some melafix!! Thanks!

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom