HELP! Black Ram staying at lower levels of tank!?

V1kram
Hi everyone,

I just noticed that my female Black Ram is staying at the bottom of the tank breathing a little heavily. I have 2 pairs in a 40 gallon. Water quality is not an issue as I do 2 13% water changes every week. Nobody is bullying the ram. She had a little wound because she scraped herself on a clay pot, but I think it started healing. She tries to eat but spits the food out after she has it in her mouth for a second.
Can anybody help me!

LouPey
I don't know what's wrong but in your situation I would up the water changes. I do 40-50% for 3 days when I notice funny behaviour or ailments and that usually does the trick. Also I add another almond leaf (although I'm not entirely convinced by them yet) and aquarium salt.

Good luck!

V1kram
r
LouPey said:
I don't know what's wrong but in your situation I would up the water changes. I do 40-50% for 3 days when I notice funny behaviour or ailments and that usually does the trick. Also I add another almond leaf (although I'm not entirely convinced by them yet) and aquarium salt.

Good luck!
thanks!

LouPey
V1kram said:
r

thanks!
Out of curiosity, could you share a photo of your rams if you have any. My LFS had some in for the first time and they were asking something like £75 for a pair. They were little and one was quite nice and dark but the others weren't all that black!

V1kram
LouPey said:
Out of curiosity, could you share a photo of your rams if you have any. My LFS had some in for the first time and they were asking something like £75 for a pair. They were little and one was quite nice and dark but the others weren't all that black!
They vary. I have 3 dark knight rams and 1 black ram.
that's a video of the female black ram. The photo is of the male. Males tend to be more colorful and hardier

Random Great Thread

Latest threads

Top Bottom