Help Black Marks Black Tetra

1. J

Jason9998 New Member Member

This black skirt tetra doesn't look right thinking it might be tetra disease and need destroyed but don't want to do that unless there's no choice please help water parameters perfect

Attached Files:

2. GrayGray4231

GrayGray4231 Well Known Member Member

Aw, the poor thing.. It looks like he has ich but I am pretty sure it might be too late to save him from the look of it.

3. devin s.

devin s. Valued Member Member

Looks bad, try to seperate him from the others so he doesn't infect them, and treat the others just in case.

4. TexasDomer

TexasDomer Fishlore Legend Member

Welcome to Fishlore!

That looks like a serious bacterial infection to me. Can you list exact water parameters? pH, temp, ammonia, nitrites, nitrates

Tank size and complete stocking?

5. OP
    OP
    J

Jason9998 New Member Member

Hi water is 0 ammonia o nitrite 20 nitrate 7.7 ph this tank just finished cycling Monday when I had my first 0 ammonia and 0 nitrite last week had big nitrite spike and was doing water changes daily thank God the cycle is now done as the tank is only 6 weeks old I've got 2 albino plecos 5 adult Mickey mouse platypus and 3 baby ones and 4 black skirt tetras the rest of the fish look fine

Meant to say plattys not platypus (autocorrect) and tank size is 125l (roma125)

Temp 25.4

Here's a picture of 2 others I think they look ok

Attached Files:

6. TexasDomer

TexasDomer Fishlore Legend Member

How's he doing?

I would keep up with water changes - clean water can help them heal, even if the water parameters are in check.

You have stocking issues if you'd like to discuss them :)