Help, Betta tumor?!?!

StacyMag

Reaction score
Hi, I had my betta for about a month and everything looked fine until I saw a singular white spot and it’s been growing. I just want to know if is a tumor or something else. He swims fine and eats well. I tried to get different angles of it. So hopefully someone can tell what it is. Thank you!

Attachments

Desi

Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Is the spot raised at all? Does it have a fuzzy texture? If no to both of those it could be marbling like stated above. If yes to one of those questions it could be an injury that got a bit infected and if it’s fuzzy it’s a fungal infection and needs to be treated,

OP
StacyMag

StacyMag

Reaction score
Okay, thank you. My friend was thinking tumor and I was so sad. It looks like it’s raised and maybe fuzzy. He moves around so fast. It’s hard to say. Can I use betta fix on this?

julifhy

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
StacyMag said:
Okay, thank you. My friend was thinking tumor and I was so sad. It looks like it’s raised and maybe fuzzy. He moves around so fast. It’s hard to say. Can I use betta fix on this?
I doubt it’s a tumor. Bettafix won’t fix this. In fact, Bettafix actually doesn’t fix anything lol and it can damage your betta’s labyrinth organ.
It looks like it might be a fungal infection. Lower the temperature of the tank and add aquarium salt. Since he isn’t showing any other symptoms of being sick he should be fine.

Could you also fill this out just in case:
Fish Emergency Template | 376562 | Freshwater Fish Disease and Fish Health

OP
StacyMag

StacyMag

Reaction score
julifhy said:
I doubt it’s a tumor. Bettafix won’t fix this. In fact, Bettafix actually doesn’t fix anything lol and it can damage your betta’s labyrinth organ.
It looks like it might be a fungal infection. Lower the temperature of the tank and add aquarium salt. Since he isn’t showing any other symptoms of being sick he should be fine.

Could you also fill this out just in case:
Fish Emergency Template | 376562 | Freshwater Fish Disease and Fish Health

Thank you! Yeah, he’s not showing any other symptoms other than that spot. He’s happy swimming, exploring, and eating. Thanks again, I’ll add salt to the tank and lower temp.

New Threads