Help! Betta Tail Ripped Off!

Discussion in 'Betta Fish' started by IsabellaN1998, May 15, 2018.

1. IsabellaN1998

IsabellaN1998New MemberMember

I left a friend in charge of tending to my fish while I went away for a few days and when I returned, she had paired my palm sized Silver Dollar with my betta because she thought "he would like the 50+ gallon tank better than the 20 gallon tank". When I returned home, I found my beloved Chad all ripped up. I have him in a fish bowl for the time being to monitor him more closely, but I am very worried about him. His entire tail has been chewed clean off. Because of this, he is horribly unbalanced. I put in some greenery so he can have something to rest on, but I really need advice on how to care for him or if he is even expected to survive the night. Please help.

*He is able to swim if needed

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2018
  2. CanadianFishFan

CanadianFishFanWell Known MemberMember

Can you get a better photo? Daily water changes to prevent fungus and Indian almond leafs should work. Poor thing i dont know if he will make it through the night.

3. OP
    OP
    IsabellaN1998

IsabellaN1998New MemberMember

Where can I get Indian almond leaves? My local pet shop doesn't carry them.

4. Aquafina

AquafinaNew MemberMember

PetSmart should have them from what I remember. Possibly take some water out of the bowl as well, so that he can reach the surface for food and air easier until he recovers his fins a bit.

5. CanadianFishFan

CanadianFishFanWell Known MemberMember

Amazon.com / Amazon.ca had many types. I bought some myself and they are awesome! I need to order more. Good price too!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice