Help! Betta Tail Ripped Off!

1. IsabellaN1998

IsabellaN1998 Initiate Member

I left a friend in charge of tending to my fish while I went away for a few days and when I returned, she had paired my palm sized Silver Dollar with my betta because she thought "he would like the 50+ gallon tank better than the 20 gallon tank". When I returned home, I found my beloved Chad all ripped up. I have him in a fish bowl for the time being to monitor him more closely, but I am very worried about him. His entire tail has been chewed clean off. Because of this, he is horribly unbalanced. I put in some greenery so he can have something to rest on, but I really need advice on how to care for him or if he is even expected to survive the night. Please help.

*He is able to swim if needed

Attached Files:

2. CanadianFishFan

CanadianFishFan Well Known Member Member

Can you get a better photo? Daily water changes to prevent fungus and Indian almond leafs should work. Poor thing i dont know if he will make it through the night.

3. OP
    OP
    IsabellaN1998

IsabellaN1998 Initiate Member

Where can I get Indian almond leaves? My local pet shop doesn't carry them.

4. Aquafina

Aquafina Initiate Member

PetSmart should have them from what I remember. Possibly take some water out of the bowl as well, so that he can reach the surface for food and air easier until he recovers his fins a bit.

5. CanadianFishFan

CanadianFishFan Well Known Member Member

Amazon.com / Amazon.ca had many types. I bought some myself and they are awesome! I need to order more. Good price too!