Help! Betta gasping & turning white

KatieAdrian

Reaction score
This is Clarence. He is very sick and I cannot figure out what is wrong. He has become very lathargic the past few days and for the most part is in his log 24/7 except to go to the surface briefly. .he is constinently gasping and is turning white.

Attachments

OP
KatieAdrian

KatieAdrian

Reaction score
Yes it is and yes I have checked them every other day and they are at ideal parameters. I've also done water changes.

Finatic005

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
KatieAdrian said:
Yes it is and yes I have checked them every other day and they are at ideal parameters. I've also done water changes.
Can you list the parameters please? Also how long have you had him?

OP
KatieAdrian

KatieAdrian

Reaction score
Finatic005 said:
Can you list the parameters please? Also how long have you had him?
I dont have them at the current moment. I am at work (essential). I have had him for 3 almost 4 months.

Blueberrybetta

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
He looks a tad bloated. Whats your feeding schedule and how much ? Do you pre soak his food before feeding him? If not, any food swells up in his stomach and causes constipation

OP
KatieAdrian

KatieAdrian

Reaction score
One pellet at 5am and one pellet around 5 or 6pm. I give him one little freeze dried blood worm usually on a Wednesday sometimes I shave off a sliver of the frozen kind instead. No I dont soak them but I will try that. He hasnt moved at all really. He is becoming less progressive by the hour

Finatic005

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
KatieAdrian said:
One pellet at 5am and one pellet around 5 or 6pm. I give him one little freeze dried blood worm usually on a Wednesday sometimes I shave off a sliver of the frozen kind instead. No I dont soak them but I will try that. He hasnt moved at all really. He is becoming less progressive by the hour
IMO that is not enough, not even close (unless pellets are large.). Have you tried peeled, organic, boiled peas? Also if you feed him something that is frozen, that is 100% a problem. DO NOT DO THAT! You have to defrost it in water.

TeeJay89

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
By turning white, do you mean just his coloring or is he getting white fuzz on him? If it's fuzz it may be what mine had, columnaris, but if it is you need to act quickly, I heard Furan 2 is great for treating it. Do you have a heater?

TeeJay89

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
KatieAdrian said:
It looks like his color is faded and yea it looks somewhat fuzzy. I do have a heater
I'm hoping someone else can chime in and help your poor little guy, I know by the 2nd picture it looks like it could be columnaris but I'm not too sure. Mine had it and sadly passed, so I'm hoping yours is something different. I don't think it would hurt to get some medicine for him, if your able to get any with all this crazy virus stuff going on..I would try the Furan 2, as other medicine I've tried for the columnaris didn't really seem to help.

OP
KatieAdrian

KatieAdrian

Reaction score
So Iwas not able to find any furan-2 today given the short amount of time I had between work and home. He is in his own tank with a heater and a filter, I included a pic of all the meds I have available right now. I also took the active carbon out of the filter media. Does anyone have a recommdation of what I could use until I can getsomething else if needed....?

Attachments

TeeJay89

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
We’re you able to treat him with anything? Just checking ☺

Blueberrybetta

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
None of those are exactly medication, especially the bettafix, I would toss that out. Bettafix harms the bettas labyrinth organ , its just a basic oil that no one seems to find helpful.. more harmful...

If you are able to, I know amazon sells furan 2 , but you could try ParaGuard Made by SeaChem as well. It helps "Eradicates Ectoparasites and Fungal, Bacterial, and ,Viral Lesions". I'm currently using this myself for my bettas lip. Ive seen it sold in stores but its hard to come by. I did get Seachem Paraguard & Furan - 2 on Amazon for $9 each.

OP
KatieAdrian

KatieAdrian

Reaction score
Do I empty hisquarantine tank then and add 1/8 of a tablet? He is in one gallon. also I dont have an airstone

New Threads