Help! Betta Fins Have Transparent Patches Help

Discussion in 'Freshwater Fish Disease' started by Aude Lefranc, Jul 8, 2019.

1. Aude Lefranc

Aude LefrancNew MemberMember

My betta is about 2.5 years old and is in a filtered 8 gallon. He was upgraded to this tank a couple months ago from an unfiltered 4 gallon bowl. I change 25% of the water once a week.
    I was gone for a week and came back to my betta looking relatively transparent. The edge of his fins is usually dark blue but most of that color is gone.
    I left an automatic fish feeder on for a week and turned off the aquarium lights.
    He seemed a bit jumpy when I came home, he might be flashing a bit or just surprised since no ones been in the house. Besides that he’s acting completely normal and is following my finger like he always does. Either way I’m completely freaked out because he’s lost so much color. Some spots on his fins seem clear, but there’s no sign of fin rot/fin holes.
    Water parameters are normal. There’s no heater but my house is always warm. PH is high but it always is from my tap. I just changed 50% of the water and I’ll throw in some Indian almond leaf to lower the ph. Any other thoughts on what’s going on??

Attached Files:

2. Rdrb

RdrbValued MemberMember

I think a water change plus some almond leaves to lower ph would be fine my betta was like that when I got from a store I thought it was fin rot then I just let time to fly by and soon it healed but remember this betta need soft acidic water

3. OP
    OP
    Aude Lefranc

Aude LefrancNew MemberMember

Thanks so much! I’ll give that a try