Help: Beginner's freshwater aquarium setup for dojo/weather loaches only

weatherloach

I've tried researching but there are too many things to learn and it's all confusing. Could someone who are raising dojo/weather loaches (only) guide me through how to setup the aquarium?
(necessary things like: light, biological/chemical/mechanical filters, water conditioner, dechlorinator, water change, substrate, gravel vacuuming, plants, hidey holes, food, etc.)
I have 5 dojo loaches (4~6 inches) in a 6 gallon bucket with 3 gallon tap water (everyday water change) and fed 5 sinking wafers a day.

Butterfly

Welcome to fishLore!

I have 4 dojo loaches in a 55 gallon tank. They get very large and need lots of swimming room. They also need cooler water temps. I have bristlenose, harlequin rasbora and snails with them.
They need a filter, heater and some light. Mine do better with muted light. I use prime dechlorinator for all my fish. Once a week 50% water change for them. They have pea pebble(gravel) substrate( although sand is better0 with lots of hiding places. There many types of anubias and Java fern in their tank.
Here is some excellent information on them and right on target.

carol

Dahammer

I have a pair of them in my 75, golden ones. I adore them, they are so fun to watch. They are constantly playing with each other or foraging about the tank. My tank has a mixed substrate, with a pea gravel island of sorts in the center and pool filter sand everywhere else. They seem to like both, as they dig in both a lot. I'll occasionally see one of the buried in the sand with it's head sticking out. There are lots of places for them to hide, if they so choose, but I can't say that I've ever seen them hiding, aside from burying in the sand from time to time.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Butterfly
Replies
Views
waterlilykari
Replies
Views
Momgoose56
Replies
Views