Help Baby Koi Grow?

Discussion in 'Koi' started by the.whole.crew, Apr 13, 2018.

1. the.whole.crew

the.whole.crew New Member Member

I have koi fry from last year that went through the winter in an outdoor pond. They’re still smaller than they should be, and I’d like them to get big enough to give away by the end of this summer/upcoming fall. I was wondering what I should feed them to help their growth?

2. Coradee

Coradee Moderator Moderator Member

Giving this a bump up for you

3. claytonyu

claytonyu Valued Member Member

What we do is we just buy regular koi food from the pet shop and feed them everyday. If your pond has algae then you dont need to feed everyday as they will eat the algae. This alone made our fish grow up to one foot now

4. OP
    OP
    the.whole.crew

Nice! Thank you so much!

5. SFGiantsGuy

SFGiantsGuy Well Known Member Member

My old 75 gal. from years ago had a few koi, and if I had any now, I'd likely feed 'em Fluval Bug bites and Repashy Super Gold food, as Repashy is my bread & butter and primary go-to food. It's really really good and high quality stuff, you should try it! I buy nothing much else other than those two foods.

6. OP
    OP
    the.whole.crew

I know this is a little late, but I was looking back at this thread since I forgot which foods you suggested. When I looked up the Fluval Bug Bites, I noticed there's a few different kids. I'm assuming you would feed koi the goldfish formula, correct?

Thank you again!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice