HELP! Baby Hillstream loach discovered!!!

swimmingslowly

Hi everyone!

I just went over to my 29 gallon to do a water change and have found that my hillstream loaches bred! I’m only seeing one as of now (video attached) but I’m wondering if I can leave it in the tank with my other fish (Cardinal tetras, spotted blue eye rainbows and one female apistogramma agasizii, two assassin snails) or if it needs to be moved to a separate tank.
Any help would be appreciated!!!

Pfrozen

Oh wow, very cool find! As long as its too big to fit in the Apisto's mouth I wouldn't worry too much about it. If its smaller then you may want to move it. The Apisto can and will eat it if the chance comes up

Upvote 0

swimmingslowly

Oh wow, very cool find! As long as its too big to fit in the Apisto's mouth I wouldn't worry too much about it. If its smaller then you may want to move it. The Apisto can and will eat it if the chance comes up
Thanks! I forgot to attach the video but here is a picture, I’d say it’s about an inch.

Attachments

• 95601CE4-FF50-4E23-A8C0-080C0D69E570.jpeg
    95601CE4-FF50-4E23-A8C0-080C0D69E570.jpeg
    152.5 KB · Views: 34
Upvote 0

Pfrozen

Thanks! I forgot to attach the video but here is a picture, I’d say it’s about an inch.

Should be fine at 1 inch :)

Upvote 0

swimmingslowly

Should be fine at 1 inch :)
Woohoo!!! Any idea on how old it might be? I saw pictures and they stay quite tiny for a while. A few months?

Upvote 0

Pfrozen

Woohoo!!! Any idea on how old it might be? I saw pictures and they stay quite tiny for a while. A few months?

Not sure but its definitely been awhile if its reached the 1 inch mark :)

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
GlennO
Replies
Views
guppytank5678
Replies
Views
Megaanemp
Replies