Help Baby Bristlenose Albino Pleco

Discussion in 'Breeding Fish' started by mono, Feb 13, 2019.

1. mono

monoNew MemberMember

My pleco had sudden fry and one got out.
    i caught it and have it in a net right now but wanna know what to do to keep it alive. don't think it'll stay alive in the tank w/ my pictus in there.
    pleco is 3 inch fry is 1 cm
    ill put pictures of the tank below thanks for help in advance

Pictus stays right under the wood
    Nd the pleco has been in the wood for the past week
    Also water is almost crystal clear now

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 14, 2019
  2. Coptapia

CoptapiaWell Known MemberMember

From your post it sounds like you only have one plec? You have a pair, right?

Also pictus cats should be kept in a group...

3. blue velvet keeper

blue velvet keeperWell Known MemberMember

BTW the bamboo in the pic is fully underwater don't you need to have at least half of it above the water

4. coralbandit

coralbanditFishlore VIPMember

Feed it small crushed up food .
    My BNP fry are like little vacuum cleaners when they find food on the bottom.
    I agree about the bamboo. Needs to only have roots in water or it will rot .

5. bizaliz3

bizaliz3Fishlore LegendMember

If you have one....there's likely about 40 more with dad still.....So you will have to figure something out if you hope to keep all the babies. A net won't do the trick.

You will either need a separate tank (which I would do immediately while the babies are still in with dad...once they get out, catching them all is virtually impossible) or you will need to just let nature take its course. There are not a lot of hiding spots in your tank. So if you hope for any to survive, add more spots to hide.

Just a word of caution though....baby plecos have large bioloads. They poop just as much as their parents and cause major water quality issues due to the sheer number of them. So keeping them in your main tank isn't really desirable in my opinion. But its up to you.