HELP are these scuds?

wlinell

I have a bioorb 4 gal- I stocked it with 4 bloody mary cherry shrimp and a nerite snail. I have encountered all of the things and conquered all said things. I now have scuds. I know the colony is reducing in size- I had probably 12 juveniles, I now only see 4. My parameters are good- I feed every other day (too much- but remove waste to avoid ammonia spike). My parameters are good.

Is this the scuds?

I have done research on everything to african dwarf frogs to triops in regards to a predator for those jerks that isnt going to hunt my shrimp (I understand occasionally a baby will be eaten) an animal actively hunting my shrimp is a no but Im ok with an occasional oopsie snack.

Already tried a Betta and she was promptly removed for poor behavior.

I was given this tank for my birthday after my dad had been on a ventilator in the states for 50 days with covid. Tearing it down is not an option. I need compassionate responses and help- Im doing my research but this tank is so much more than a tank. I need to work with it.

Theres gotta be something right?!

Fishkeeper25

you could try a guppy, i have heard they eat them

richiep

It's hard to find anything that will predate scuds without harming your shrimp so the best option is manual removal maybe siphoning them out and return the water, that's all I can think of
A picture of them would be good to clarify

wlinell

richiep said:
It's hard to find anything that will predate scuds without harming your shrimp so the best option is manual removal maybe siphoning them out and return the water, that's all I can think of
A picture of them would be good to clarify
They are for sure scuds and very hard to get a photo of
Fishkeeper25 said:
you could try a guppy, i have heard they eat them
Would an ADF be a better option? I feel like shrimp would more easily get away from them?

Latest threads

Top Bottom