Help - Are These New Born Shrimp?

Discussion in 'Cherry Shrimp' started by Ricksza, Apr 27, 2019.

1. Ricksza

RickszaValued MemberMember

Ratings:
    +66
    Experience:
    Just started
    I have a divided tank, red on one side & blue on the other. I noticed red babies yesterday, so I did my water change on the blue side. When I drained the water, I saw these moving around. To me, they don't look like shrimp.

2. Demeter

DemeterFishlore VIPMember

Ratings:
    +3,537
    Experience:
    5 to 10 years
    Probably some sort of critter. Baby shrimp are near colorless and look like mini adults.

They could be seed shrimp or something similar.

3. OP
    OP
    Ricksza

RickszaValued MemberMember

Ratings:
    +66
    Experience:
    Just started
    I just discovered my red baby shrimp and they're about 1/4" long and look like a shrimp. My blue shrimp was berried before my red, but they hide in the plants so much, I could have missed them.
    Doing some research, I think they may be daphnia by the way they move.These critters are pin head size. Good? Bad? What brings them into the tank?

Last edited: Apr 27, 2019
  4. Demeter

DemeterFishlore VIPMember

Ratings:
    +3,537
    Experience:
    5 to 10 years
    If the tank is planted you are bound to have things pop up over time. You can bet some plants brought in whatever those are. Most the time the little “bugs” plants bring in are safe to have around and make good fish food.