HELP ARE MY TWO PLATYS PREGNANT (or gravid XD)

Discussion in 'Breeding Fish' started by BunnySawNothing, Aug 10, 2015.

1. BunnySawNothingValued MemberMember

ok so I have a 10 gallon with 5 guppies and 3 platys.
    1 male neon calico platy 1 female neon calico platy and 1 female red wag platy
    i think the two are pregnant but i have a breeding box and i need your help to see when i should put them in it

2. Thomas LinValued MemberMember

I wouldn't put them in the box at all, it places too much stress on the fish. Mine wouldn't even drop fry in the box.

Sent from my iPhone using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum

3. BunnySawNothingValued MemberMember

i was also thinking that but my small tank has nowhere to hide

oh sorry i forgot i also have a thomasi pleco in there but he just hides behind the filter all day

4. lily potter1223Valued MemberMember

You could just get a clump of java moss or some sort of floating plant like hornwort for them to hide in. When I had fry they all hid in them. Most of them survived... and then I was overrun with little babies :/

5. BunnySawNothingValued MemberMember

that is a nice idea but i cant really get any of those cause i dont live near anywhere that has the,

i already have a plastc plant, a small cave ornament, two round rocks and a medium sized rock thats slanted and has space under.

can these substitue for those plants

6. lily potter1223Valued MemberMember

I'm sure the fry will find somewhere to hide. Maybe, if you can, add some more plastic plants. And make sure the fry can't get sucked up your filter if you have a HOB filter.

7. Thomas LinValued MemberMember

What are you planning to do with the fry if you save them? The tank is too small to house more fish.

Sent from my iPhone using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum

8. BunnySawNothingValued MemberMember

actually i have an empty cycled 20 gallon so im moving all my fish to that tank and leaving babies in 10 gallon.

ill ask LFS if i can sell it to them
    if not kijiji it is!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice