Help! Anubias Turning Clear??

1. myerlemons

myerlemons Valued Member Member

So I have a 5g tank with some plants in it that I'm currently cycling. My anubias nana seem to be suffering and not growing very well. Their leaves are slowly beginning to turn clear/whitish and I don't know what's wrong with them. My lone broadleaf anubias is doing just fine, and is even growing new leaves. What should I do? 8f86c064714f93debfe1202eeb425033.jpg

2. Cranks_Tanks

Cranks_Tanks Valued Member Member

Its probably a nutrient deficiency. Anubias loves calcium and that's usually the one thats the problem, but iron or manganese deficiencies can also cause die back.
    Also, I'm gonna go ahead and assume a cycling tank is pretty new and so is that anubias. A lot of mass produced aquarium plants are grown emersed and will die back as part of adapting to immersed life. If it does end up dying, dustins fish tanks sells all sorts of plants and they all are grown fully submerged. Theres a handful of other really good plant dudes like jacob's aquariums that sell quality plants.

3. -Mak-

-Mak- Well Known Member Member

It's melting, it happens often with new plants. As long as the rhizome stays green and healthy, it'll regrow.

4. OP
    OP
    myerlemons

myerlemons Valued Member Member

Is there anything I can do to prevent further melting? I have a third one and it's doing just fine.

5. -Mak-

Not really, just give it ideal growing conditions and it should bounce back.

6. -Mak-

Not really, just give it ideal growing conditions and it should bounce back.