Help all my shrimp have died! - Page 2

chrisnoles

I had 5 shrimp in a cycled tank (used bottled bacteria) and over the course of a week all of my shrimp died. Water is now cloudy, what should I do? I ordered shrimp about a week ago when I thought all was fine and the new shrimp will be here tomorrow what do i do?

chrisnoles

It's worth checking his water out

A80211B1-072E-4A80-B5E6-CD2A953E5457.jpeg
Looks like 0 carbonate hardness

Upvote 0

mattgirl

Yup it’s a well stocked community tank, anything specific that I should get from it? I was thinking of getting some substrate and just biofilm and putting it in a hob and let it filter that way. Also there are some random floater plants should I put those in my tank also?

3 tetra’s but he probably has the exact same soft water parameters in his
Substrate and floaters should help. Filter media would help more though. Three tetras isn't what I would call well stocked but there should be enough bacteria to help seed this tank. richiep 's thought of housing the shrimp in the established tank may be the better option if you are getting the shrimp in just a few day. They will still need the long acclimation process either way. The parameters of that tank needs to be shrimp friendly though and i don't know if the tetras will see the shrimp as a nice snack.

Upvote 0

chrisnoles

Substrate and floaters should help. Filter media would help more though. Three tetras isn't what I would call well stocked but there should be enough bacteria to help seed this tank. richiep 's thought of housing the shrimp in the established tank may be the better option if you are getting the shrimp in just a few day. They will still need the long acclimation process either way. The parameters of that tank needs to be shrimp friendly though and i don't know if the tetras will see the shrimp as a nice snack.
He currently has some black crystal shrimp in his tank so I think I might have better luck if I put them in there now for the time being
He currently has some black crystal shrimp in his tank so I think I might have better luck if I put them in there now for the time being
Would the tetra be fine in my tank if we “swapped” out stock because there is no ammonia in my tank currently but no carbonate hardness in his tank
Alright they are going in my brothers already established tank, tried to get the tetra's out to go into mine but they are way too quick. I think this would be the smartest idea to keep them alive. They just came in the mail a couple of minutes ago.

Thanks everyone!
Does he have a sponge filter he will part with?
He does not he only has one filter in there

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
RUADJAI
Replies
Views
Bloblob
  • Question
Replies
Views