HELP!!! All my guppies swimming in one spot, not eating!!!

Deepseadivingforanswers

Reaction score
So this happened about a week ago, before this they were fine, they would aggressively eat heaps till they were about to burst. But now they barely eat anything, they spit out most of the food and show less interest to it. I don’t understand what happened. I’ve tried two different types of flake, agar wafers, spiralina flakes, bloodworms, and cooked peas. barely any interest to any of this. They also just appear to swim in one spot, with the body wobbling side to side. They barely move all day, i Saw one today flashing on the gravel, so I figured maybe external parasites or could it be ich? Im gonna try the salt method to see if that helps. But I’m just really confused, one day they were fine, the next they acted like this. was it bad bloodworms or something?
Water parameters are
ammonia 0
nitrite 0
nitrate 5
pH 7.4
temperature 20-23 degrees Celsius (does fluctuate from day to night)
I changed 50% water last weekend

Best Answer - View JamieLu's answer
OP
Deepseadivingforanswers

Deepseadivingforanswers

Reaction score
jkkgron2 said:
Honestly this sounds like ammonia is in your water. What test kit are you using?
API test kit. They stopped doing this after I stopped putting salt in the tank, which I was trying to treat for ich. They’re still flashing though but at least swimming more. Not sure what’s wrong and what i should waste money on next

DanielZebra32798

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Deepseadivingforanswers said:
API test kit. They stopped doing this after I stopped putting salt in the tank, which I was trying to treat for ich. They’re still flashing though but at least swimming more. Not sure what’s wrong and what i should waste money on next
As far as ich treatments go, I've heard very good things about raising water temperature to 85 or so ( species permitting). also I've heard positive reviews about ich x.

OP
Deepseadivingforanswers

Deepseadivingforanswers

Reaction score
DanielZebra32798 said:
As far as ich treatments go, I've heard very good things about raising water temperature to 85 or so ( species permitting). also I've heard positive reviews about ich x.
Oh ok, thanks. They now have their scales sticking out which what ever is going on happened to the last two guppies that died is my water poisoned? Should I just start the tank again? The water quality couldn’t be better, I’m tired of water changes to no avail. I’m tired of losing guppies. I don’t understand

OP
Deepseadivingforanswers

Deepseadivingforanswers

Reaction score
JamieLu said:
Do u have hard or soft water? Whats ur ph? Whats the ph of the tap?
i just tested it then, and it’s at 8.3 pH. also all the other parameters are 0 and nitrates 5. I know one is about to die soon, cause it’s how the last fish died. Scales out, slight bent at back, staying at surface. he used to be vibrant yellow, now almost white. I’ve only been feeding agar wafers as they don’t eat anything else. I know it’s no protein though but they don’t touch it. Also he’s been pooping white poop for the last few days, I’ve been treating for internal parasites with general cure for the last 4 days. But it doesn’t seem to make any difference.

JamieLu

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Deepseadivingforanswers said:
i just tested it then, and it’s at 8.3 pH. also all the other parameters are 0 and nitrates 5. I know one is about to die soon, cause it’s how the last fish died. Scales out, slight bent at back, staying at surface. he used to be vibrant yellow, now almost white. I’ve only been feeding agar wafers as they don’t eat anything else. I know it’s no protein though but they don’t touch it. Also he’s been pooping white poop for the last few days, I’ve been treating for internal parasites with general cure for the last 4 days. But it doesn’t seem to make any difference.
What is the ph of the tap?

OP
Deepseadivingforanswers

Deepseadivingforanswers

Reaction score
JamieLu said:
What is the ph of the tap?
About the same pH around 7.4-7.6
I’ve figured they have tuberculosis cause all symptoms seem to relate to it. Plus they’re not responding to treatments. I’ve lost one now, and another’s on the way. Thanks for all the help but I think I’m just gonna wait till they all die and sterilise everything and start again.

New Threads