Help-All about Red Cherry Shrimp baby

chumzhujun

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
I am now breeding Red cherry shrimp and my female is now carrying it.I need to know some question.

HoW LONG DOES IT TAKE A BABY TO GROW TO A ADULT?

Will the adults eat their baby?

What plant do they prefer?

It is possible that all baby will grow to a adult sucessfully?

Thanks in advance

Rhan

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
The babies will take a few weeks to grow They look after themselves, more or less.

The adults won't eat them, only as a last resort I have heard. If you have fish with them, it's much more likely that a fish will eat the babies, as they're very tiny when they hatch.

I know they love javamoss, but I don't think they're too fussy

You should probably get at least a few babies that grow to adults. Just remember that RCS are pretty sensitive to water conditions (ammonia, nitrite particularly) and to do water changes.

navyscuba

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I have tons of them at the moment and they love all kinds of plants but the biggest one that will work best for refuge is moss.

Kunsthure

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
It takes about 30 days for the eggs to hatch. They will get darker when they are ready to hatch. Shrimp about two months old can breed. Adults do not eat their babies. The babies will eat biofilm off of all surfaces, just like the adults, but mosses harbor a lot of microorganisms and provide cover, so they will like mosses better. Given good water conditions, a sponge filter or sponge cover on a filter intake, and no fish in the tank, most babies will survive.

-Lisa

hyun007

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
They take about 3months to reach adult size.
If there are no fish to eat them, chances are, 99.999% will grow to adult.

Toggle Sidebar

New Threads